Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: re: gen1 7.0 BB swap? [Stormo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a fit chart for the speed concept http://www.slowtwitch.com/...C_FitGuide_final.pdf

The lowest size M goes in Low-Near configuration will be 590. If you think your wife will need something lower. Get the S. Otherwise, get the M. The drat box matches the frame very well on M (which looks nicer). I consider the wheelbase on a size S on the short side if you are going to use all the reach, especially going downhill in aero. I think Trek should've slackened the headtube on size S a tad to increase its front center.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Nov 9, 17 13:56
Quote Reply
low far stem doesn't seem to fit right [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have a 2018 speed concept. it came with the mid far stem. ive swapped to a low far last night and it doesn't seem to "sit" on the fork correctly. it goes on, but there is a slight gap between it and the fork. when i set the mid far stem on, it slides all the way down no problem. i'm talking about maybe a 1-1.5 mm gap. i'm thinking there might be a slight manufacturing defect in the low far stem i got but figured i would check here first.

thanks!

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone run the pad wing without the spacer that comes with it? Any downside?
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [Racing2t2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can drop .5 cm removing that.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered a P1 Gran Premio Speed Concept. Order went through on the 4th of Nov. LBS said 15 days but what does that mean? 15 business days till it arrives? 15 days till it leaves Wisconsin? What are other people’s experiences with P1?
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Issue [higuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
higuy wrote:
Just ordered a P1 Gran Premio Speed Concept. Order went through on the 4th of Nov. LBS said 15 days but what does that mean? 15 business days till it arrives? 15 days till it leaves Wisconsin? What are other people’s experiences with P1?

LBS probably looked in Dexter. If that’s the case, it’s 15 days until shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: low far stem doesn't seem to fit right [T.Skelton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From how you describe it, I think I have seen the same. Take it all apart and start again... It will go back together properly, but it’s almost as if the steerer pushed things out of alignment if allowed. Take your time and be very careful when assembling the steerer onto the fork. You may need to do things in a slightly different order to the service manual and keep offering up the fork, to check things are good. Patience is a virtue :)

There may be a small gap at the back of the ‘triangle’ where the stem mates to the fork, but the 2 faces should be in contact. If you see daylight, keep trying. Do not try and use torque to get it to seat!

I hope that makes sense.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Last edited by: SkippyKitten: Nov 12, 17 22:22
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the Tri Fork and Base bar UCI TT legal? Also, would I need to remove the Speed Fin for UCI TT events? If so, would there be any implications?
Last edited by: higuy: Nov 12, 17 21:43
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [higuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

On the 2017 yes. The 2018 went back to non UCI kit. You can remove the fin but it doubles as a brake cover which also holds the break arms together so don't ride without it. It needs to be replaced with the UCI legal part. Check out the 2014 speed concept thread for discussion on speed fin and part #s.

higuy wrote:
Is the Tri Fork and Base bar UCI TT legal? Also, would I need to remove the Speed Fin for UCI TT events? If so, would there be any implications?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:

On the 2017 yes. The 2018 went back to non UCI kit. You can remove the fin but it doubles as a brake cover which also holds the break arms together so don't ride without it. It needs to be replaced with the UCI legal part. Check out the 2014 speed concept thread for discussion on speed fin and part #s.

higuy wrote:

So the 2018 complete build is different from the 2017, but it's actually UCI legal because the UCI rules changed. There's basically 3 things to look at:

-Base Bar: There's a 3:1 airfoil and a 6:1 airfoil. The 3:1 is UCI legal, and is included on the 2018 complete build and frameset.
-Rear Brake Cover: There's a bigger non-UCI version and a smaller UCI-legal version. The 2018 complete build has the UCI-legal one, the 2018 frameset has the non-UCI one.
-Fork: UCI rules for frames and forks changed recently, so now the deeper (presumably a little faster) fork is legal. It's included on the 2018 complete build and frameset
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [PMo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the 6:1 fork is legal but the 6:1 base bar isn’t?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
higuy wrote:
So the 6:1 fork is legal but the 6:1 base bar isn’t?

Yep, the relaxation of the 3:1 rule only applies to frames and forks, but not anywhere else. Don't ask me why!
Quote Reply
Re: re: gen1 7.0 BB swap? [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about to buy a project one, and no, you can't get the draft box painted the same colour as the frame. At least not to my knowledge. If you can, tell me how
Quote Reply
Re: re: gen1 7.0 BB swap? [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No you cannot. Unless they changed it this year. I got one back in April and it was not an option.
Quote Reply
Re: re: gen1 7.0 BB swap? [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
must of changed it. Sorry. I bought a 2015 version P1 that was burnt orange and the draft box and the rear derailleur hanger were the same color as the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a bottle cage that will allow a 26 oz bottle to fit in downtube. I have a small frame and all of my bottle cages sit too high for bottle to fit in frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Racing2t2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered on the 4th and I was quoted 15 days + 4 days for shipping on my project one. 3 days ago, they told me it was delayed to arrive on the 29th. Today they told me I have to wait another 7-10 business days. Would it be possible for you to check on the status on my bike? It’s been getting delayed over and over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl doesn't work for Trek anymore...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this thread has been mostly questions, but figured I would share a pic of my bike, now that I have a decent one. Still the middle color does not photograph well, it is actually the Radioactive Pink, but never looks it in photos.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
I know this thread has been mostly questions, but figured I would share a pic of my bike, now that I have a decent one. Still the middle color does not photograph well, it is actually the Radioactive Pink, but never looks it in photos.

Nice looking bike!

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, suppose I should post that to the Flo show me your wheels forum. Would love brighter colored stickers to closer match bike, but they match fairly well. Was fun to ride this past year, and since it was my first tri-bike, I wanted to do something different.

Got a hell of a deal from my LBS on that Project One (pretty sure he ate most of his profit), but I guess it could also be him compensating me for all the free computer work I had done over the last few years for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent! Glad to hear you are happy with your new bike.

Ride safe,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to Chris specifically.

Tried searching but didn't get anything - is there any aero data with the speed box? Better with or without? The setup I've got lends itself to not needing it for flat storage- but would keep if aero benefit. I'm guessing not as it is kinda large and wider than the seat tube.

Anyone know or can direct me where this info is posted?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
Not to Chris specifically.

Tried searching but didn't get anything - is there any aero data with the speed box? Better with or without? The setup I've got lends itself to not needing it for flat storage- but would keep if aero benefit. I'm guessing not as it is kinda large and wider than the seat tube.

Anyone know or can direct me where this info is posted?
Thanks!

IIRC there's a white paper that has all sorts of data (with and withough speed box, Speed fin, UCI vs non UCI, etc). I think I remember there being a minimal difference if any whether it was on or not.

Can't remember where I found that white paper though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next