Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay?
Quote | Reply
Hi all, we just migrated to some new servers that should be faster across the board. But in the move, we also tried to trim down some old (sometimes really old) files that were orphaned. Anyway, the site is pretty extensive, and the best test is really you all using it every day. So any feedback about anything broken would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Jordan & Dan

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My jump to first unread post function no longer works.

Thanks for checking in.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The unread post function is also sporadic for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can't go from single page read to "view all". Also do not have the link go to last post viewed.
Last edited by: ggeiger: Nov 24, 17 11:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apostrophe's are being translated as "Normally I'd"

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Last edited by: gtvirginia: Nov 27, 17 14:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apostrophes for me too. Started last night. Running win 10.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay? [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
My jump to first unread post function no longer works.

Thanks for checking in.

Hugh

Same here...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it's take /related, but emails notifying of a reply to a post are coming hours later, maybe 6 hr, delay?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Hi all, we just migrated to some new servers that should be faster across the board. But in the move, we also tried to trim down some old (sometimes really old) files that were orphaned. Anyway, the site is pretty extensive, and the best test is really you all using it every day. So any feedback about anything broken would be most welcome. Thanks, Jordan & Dan

All of the above plus I seem to no longer have the ability to vote in your polls. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
Hi all, we just migrated to some new servers that should be faster across the board. But in the move, we also tried to trim down some old (sometimes really old) files that were orphaned. Anyway, the site is pretty extensive, and the best test is really you all using it every day. So any feedback about anything broken would be most welcome. Thanks, Jordan & Dan

All of the above plus I seem to no longer have the ability to vote in your polls. :)

Eric, you were voted off the island in a poll you couldn't respond to ;-) At least, I'm able to still vote. But my jumping to first unread thread is also disabled, and Duffy's sig line looks like this, which I'm not sure is an improvement or not...”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funky formatting issues. No jump to first unread. Can't vote in polls.

No problem with email notifications.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine isn't jumping to first unread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't vote in polls either. Using Chrome on Windows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Gossamer really cheaper than amazon aws?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Rappstar wrote:

Eric, you were voted off the island in a poll you couldn't respond to ;-) At least, I'm able to still vote. But my jumping to first unread thread is also disabled, and Duffy's sig line looks like this, which I'm not sure is an improvement or not...”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

Well, I didn't want to be stuck on the island anyway, unless it were the House Island Triathlon and I had somehow been magically transformed into a pro triathlete. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can’t find the Challenges page, not sure if that’s me or a server problem tho...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also will not go to "see all" leaving me with only the first page showing on a thread. Then I have to page through 1 at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay? [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unable to vote in the polls using (chrome and safari).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides some of the above issues, It's SO MUCH faster. Very noticeably faster. So a worthy upgrade once you get all these bugs ironed out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just here to pile on all the issues noted above.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The issues with not positioning to the last read post appears to have been corrected. I wasn't working earlier this morning (i.e. I was always positioned to the first post) and it now appears to be working.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
The issues with not positioning to the last read post appears to have been corrected. I wasn't working earlier this morning (i.e. I was always positioned to the first post) and it now appears to be working.

Not for me - still hit and miss. It almost seems like the threads that are multi page are the ones that don't work properly but I can't say that for certain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The funky formatting of apostrophes has something to do with server headers not matching the page headers. I had this issue on a site I was managing, it drove me crazy. The way I fixed it was to drop the content-type meta tag, on the pages where forms were posted from. It seemed to work.

i.e. drop this:
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Server Migration - Is Everything Working Okay? [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:

Not for me - still hit and miss. It almost seems like the threads that are multi page are the ones that don't work properly but I can't say that for certain.

Now that you say that...I agree. So far, that has been exactly the case since I read your post and started paying closer attention. I'm ALWAYS taken to the top of page-1 on a multi-page thread. But, so far all single-page threads have taken me to my first unread post, as expected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if related, but on my firefox web browser, version 57, I used to get when I went to a thread, the last unread. But now when I read a thread it always just goes to the first post.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next