Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 27 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 27 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my goal was to enjoy my week w/ my brother, which I did :-)

M: 3400 yd swim, flew to Salt Lake in the PM
T: 7 mi run w/ 1 dog. One of us was sucking wind at altitude.
W: 5 mi run. Drove to the San Rafael Swell in the PM
T: rock climbed
F: 6 mi run w/ 3 dogs, rock climbed
S: 6.2 mi run w/ 2 dogs, rock climbed, drove back to the city
S: 8.6 mi run w/ 1 dog, flew back to Oklahoma

goals this week: 5 swims, 3 rides, day off from running

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr TC, that sounds like a great and fun week! I'm glad you got to relax and enjoy.

I'm on a count down to my last day at work. The transition to "retirement" has been made much less difficult by multiple, unsolicited employment and consulting offers. I spent the weekend setting up the infrastructure for a consulting business.

I'm trying to keep in some movement during all this--after all, the 100 runs/100days is just around the corner.

Thanksgiving got a nice hike in with hubby. Weather has been unseasonably warm, which has meant we've also gotten in a couple of nice bikes. The only downside is that the bike crash hand injury and arthritis have made riding my new road bike painful. As soon as I get some time I'm going to try some equipment swaps to see if I can make it work.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik. I'm so glad you had a nice trip and enjoyed the holiday -- also, woo rock climbing!

My goals were:
This week is a weird one -- work is crazy, the holiday is crazy, and I'm going to try to camp and climb this weekend. I'll aim for 3 runs, 2 bikes, 2 swims, 2 strength sessions, 1 yoga and daily p/rehab plus some hiking and climbing.

I had a nice week despite all the work craziness. Thanksgiving dinner was quiet and delicious and then I went out to the desert to camp. I only swam once but I ran 3 times (long, track, intervals) and biked 3 times (trainer, a long sunny ride on Thanksgiving morning, and a MTB ride in the desert) and did the strength and yoga I'd planned along with some hiking and climbing.

This week, I'm planning 3 bikes, swims, and runs plus 2 strength sessions, 1 yoga and daily p/rehab. I'm volunteering at a local Ultra where lots of friends are racing this weekend too.

I hope everyone has a great week!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Last edited by: SoCalTricurious: Nov 27, 17 10:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you had a fab week Dr TC! Tri3 - hope you find a solution to the bike issue soon. It'd be a shame not to be able to ride that beauty as much as you want.

My goals for the week went like this. 5 rides (4 done), 2 strength sessions (3! done), 1 run (yes although not very long). The final bike ride fell by the wayside as I woke up early Sunday morning throwing up and then by the time I felt better in the afternoon we got a long-ish fire call out.

This week: 3 rides, 1 run, 2 strength sessions. I'm not planning on doing anything on Saturday (running errands in the city, out for dinner with friends) or Sunday (travelling to Tucson). It's also a busy week on the work side - fire truck rides to school for some kids, a tour and presentation for others, an exam for a promotion I have applied for - I'm counting down the days until I get away!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Women!

I was sick. But now I'm better. Woohoo!

Last week was pretty chill with the long weekend and most of my time cooking away in the kitchen.

Pool Swim x1
OWS x1
Bike x2
Run x3

I'm looking forward to this week. A group of us are doing a long-distance OWS on Sunday and my kiddo and his buddies are our kayak support crew. Hopefully he doesn't need to save mom. We usually swim buoy lines or around piers or pier-to-pier but this time we are swimming around a little rock-island out in the ocean, so we are getting past the harbor for some real-live ocean swimming.

In other news, last weekend our swim group encountered a whale! No joke. I was swimming along and suddenly there were all these bubbles coming up from deep down. Gotta say, I was pretty tripped out. I popped my head up to find my group just in time to see the whale pop up right in front of another swimmer (like maybe 20 feet!). I was suddenly a very fast swimmer.

http://swimavila.blogspot.com/...ovember-19-2017.html

Not much else. Just maintaining my base and trying to lose 25 pounds.

Rock on, Women!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 27 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is SO cooool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the whale story!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today I hit day #100 in a row of at least 30 minutes of some sort of exercise. A major piece of gratitude on Thanksgiving was finding the new gym and meeting my trainer and his ongoing motivation (including a text message on T-Day)!

Mon: Bike Trainer 40 min
Tue: Evan (the personal trainer) workout
Wed: Trainer 32 min
Thur: Swim 1,800 SCY; walk 25 min treadmill; hockey slide board (about 3x 30 seconds - but at least I can now do it)
Fri: Swim 1,700 SCY; 45 min weights on my own at the gym
Sat: Trainer 31 min (“rest” day)
Sun: Swim 2,000 SCY; yoga 1:20; Trainer 10 min to flush my legs out

I also bought myself an early Christmas present - a TACX Neo smart trainer. That should up my bike training.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad you're feeling better. So cool to see a whale!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, how cool. Good luck with the adventure swim too!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Nov 28, 17 0:25
Re: How was your week? Nov. 27 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna, I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 27 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Anna, I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Reply