Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Two piece tri suit
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Posting here as a suggestion from Tsunami. This is a repost to something I posted earlier on the triathlon forum.

I was tasked to get my wife for Christmas a two piece tri suit. This is for her to wear for 5-7 hours, half iron distance. Possibly iron as well.

She has a normal trisuit from TYR that she hates because it makes her feel like a sausage.

Body-wise she is wider than the normal triathlete. She has a body builder shape due to (too much, in my opinion) crossfit meaning she's wider on the hips and shoulders and also slightly. She would definitely not appreciate the top scoot up so anything to avoid that would be great.

I am keen to hear any suggestions. If possible something I can get online for delivery in Germany.

Thanks!!!

Paulo Matos
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece tri suit [pmatos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No specific help, but i have wide hips and a narrow waist - EVERYTHING rides up. It might be hard to find something that doesn't.
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece tri suit [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
No specific help, but i have wide hips and a narrow waist - EVERYTHING rides up. It might be hard to find something that doesn't.

+1

It just isn't worth the hassle. I had one top ever that would stay put but it was so heavy when wet that I didn't enjoy racing in it. I may has well have just worn a cotton t-shirt. And it wasn't at all wearable in no-wetsuit races.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+2 to what edbikebabe said. Look at pictures of pros racing in 2 pieces and their top will be riding up as well.

That said lots of places (SOAS, SFQ, Betty Designs) with online stores ship internationally so if you were up for it you could order a selection and return what she didn't like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might consider a suit like this:

https://www.racycles.com/apparel/triathlon/trisuit-swimsuits/orca-226-short-sleeve-race-suit-13042

It has the advantage of being a "two piece" in front, and a onesie in back. Good price as well.

here's the women's version:

https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/orca-womens-226-short-sleeve-race-tri-suit-8150756

I'm with everyone else here--it's rare to find tops that do not ride up. That's why I pretty much stick to one piece.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Nov 25, 17 8:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello! I mostly race in one-piece sleeved suits because I find them really comfortable. However, I do like 2-piece suits from Betty Designs as I find the top a bit longer than other brands. But, I have never found a 2-piece tri kit that doesn't ride up... so I sew a couple of snaps into the front & back (2 each) of them, then no riding up! Easy solution.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Nov 28, 17 0:52
Re: Two piece tri suit [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANK YOU! I'd never heard of this website--its fabulous!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally prefer one-piece suits, as they kind of hold everything in... and with a 2-piece I find I'm pulling at stuff making adjustments as I run. :) But if I were you, I'd have a look at Coeur. I believe their tri tops have a wee bit of extra room at the hips, just enough that things don't ride up all over the place. I've seen people of all kinds of shapes and sizes wear their kit and look good. Plus, their customer service is terrific.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Castelli has a system called SnapLock that you can snap the top to your tri shorts....

Here is an example of the top... https://www.castelli-cycling.com/...SINGLET/p/861607617P

Quote Reply