Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig One [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh ok I thought you indicated the One addressed that limitation.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

Questions for Nick:
- Does the Aerobar Y include a headset cover?

One of the renderings on the TriRig site shows that the stem includes an inset underside to function as a built in headset cover. So my guess would be the y data is based on it sitting down near the toptube w/o an additional headset cover.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My primary concern in failure would be not the mast but the two bolt inserts that most of your weight will be on(arduro high V)

Also how are your shifter cables/wires being run from extensions back? I can’t see anything internal.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“The Alpha X is already a best in class front end, and probably among the fastest. I think I would stick with it for the foreseeable future.“

Thanks for good perspective on the One.

How would you rate the Alpha X relative to Profile Design’s Aeria Ultimate? In other words, which bar do you think is a better choice for those that have settled into a position and are looking for something fast and reliable?

Scot
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
“The Alpha X is already a best in class front end, and probably among the fastest. I think I would stick with it for the foreseeable future.“

How would you rate the Alpha X relative to Profile Design’s Aeria Ultimate? In other words, which bar do you think is a better choice for those that have settled into a position and are looking for something fast and reliable?

Scot

i would be intersted in this too. with a qr pr6 disc with an integrated stem, i can't use the alpha x or one, so I'm choosing beteen the pd aeria ultimate and the new morf bars.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:

Scot

If you are in the exact position (+/- 2mm) that you need on the Alpha X, I can’t imagine a scenario that the AU is going to be superior aerodynamically.

But because of how weird aero is and how dependent it is on your body and on your body being in the best position, there’s a very real possibility that the superior adjustability of the PD’s AU could trump the aero superiority of TriRig’s AX.

And that’s what Profile Design’s product may be boasting, even as their super adjustable bar solution doesn’t seem like a competitor aerodynamically. Look at the AU next to the 3T Ventus and they just aren’t similar.

But TriRig Alpha X seems pretty similar to the Ventus. Not as similar as the Premier Tactical bar is to the Ventus, but pretty similar.

They’re both good bars. As to what takes precedence — fit or aero — the answer is that they are equivalent and interchangeable and one in the fucking same. Fit is aero and aero is fit.

You’ll never be able to know which product is better for you (I.e. faster for you) without extensive testing. So just choose one in this case.

As we get into this era of peak aero and our equipment is, for all intents and purposes, performance equivalent, I guess we start to focus the conversation on fit and adjustability.

Which is great. Let’s have that talk.

But let’s not lose sight of the goal which is to get from point A to point B as fast as possible — and in specific cases, with enough left in your spine to run very fast for some distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you.

While I chew on that, there is also the viability of the AX. As you pointed out earlier, TriRig’s blowout of that bar implies a decision to discontinue the product and (eventually) the related customer support.

All good food for thought over the Thanksgiving Day feast.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess if you go too expensive you move into the territory of super bikes with integrated front ends. In the UK the Trek Speed Concept frameset sells for £2500 and the new Cube Aerium C68 around £3500 both of which include integrated front ends (The cube also includes brakes).

If you go for a Cervelo P3 the frameset is £2299 add in a bar/stem combo if it is much over a grand then it become a bit less of a value way to gain a super bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:

I expect the Alpha X would handily beat the AU in the tunnel for bike only testing. And the Alpha One would be further ahead.
Things change with a rider on though, much smaller gaps and sometimes reversed order.

AU far more adjustable so there is a higher chance of getting into a better position. Sometimes a 'settled position' turns out not to be the last word when gaining adjustability opens more positional options.

Here's an example of a fit I did last week where we switched a P3 from the stock 3T Vola (which are basically as fast as AU bike only). Had previously optimised his fit as much as possible with the Vola so baseline was with AU matched to that position.

Fit performed with Velogic 3D Motion (to track angles and lateral motion) and 3D Aero (dynamic frontal area measurement)

We could have hit the same position by tilting the whole Vola bar up 12 degrees and fitting a longer stem, but that's not really a practical solution. And while it turned out that his existing pad width was best for him - AU gave the possibility to make small changes to test that.

So having a more adjustable aerobar opened up the opportunity for far more significant aero changes than could be achieved by a change in the aerodynamics of the bar itself. And for an Elite - this is a big deal.

Note for Grill: 3D Aero is not intended to give an absolute CdA - it will be in the ballpark but is really intended for measuring changes in FA. His actual CdA would be a little lower than that.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I look at the pictures on TriRig I am surprised by how much frontal area is a "flat plate". There aren't many shapes that have a higher Cd and the area, especially under the arm pads, looks to have a decent amount of surface area exposed. In the age of marginal gains, this doesn't look good to the eyeball windtunnel. Let's hope this is the prototype.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
When I look at the pictures on TriRig I am surprised by how much frontal area is a "flat plate". There aren't many shapes that have a higher Cd and the area, especially under the arm pads, looks to have a decent amount of surface area exposed. In the age of marginal gains, this doesn't look good to the eyeball windtunnel. Let's hope this is the prototype.

Also the shaders used in rendering can only do some with a black model. I wouldn't assume that what looks flat really is.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a TriRig Alpha X with tilt kit and gamma extensions that I'm about to place in the classifieds. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

I switched to the PD Aeria Ultimate. For no reason other than because I wanted to try it. The Alpha X is awesome. Nothing bad to say about it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember right, if you pre ordered the Alpha One, you got a free set of Gamma One extensions that were due to be shipped in January.
Has anyone received their free extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gamma One has not shipped yet. They are finished, on their way from the factory now, and should be shipping before the month is out. Same with Gamma 24, same shipment.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanrafaeltri wrote:
GreatScott wrote:

Scot

i would be intersted in this too. with a qr pr6 disc with an integrated stem, i can't use the alpha x or one, so I'm choosing beteen the pd aeria ultimate and the new morf bars.

As a MORF advocate and someone who really likes QR's bikes, I'd be cautious with combining the PR6 with the MORF bar. Make sure you have a plan for your hydration system. The MORF bar brings with it some new and interesting challenges :)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Green,

I talked with Frank about BTA hydration. He said this would work:

http://www.profile-design.com/product/hydration/aerodrink-basebar-bracket/

What are your thoughts?

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That should work. IIRC he's working on his own bracket that functions in a similar fashion. I just wanted you to be aware that your hydration options with the MORF are a bit more limited than a traditional bar.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah didn't he have plan for a bracket, I think he referred to it as the "popsicle stick" bracket for BTA drinks like Torhans, Aerodrink etc. shown in the pre-order?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much narrower is the 1 over the X?
The X and classic have in my opinion a very wide cross section but the 1 looks quite a bit skinnier. Any one have that measurement on the new bar? I don't see it on the Tririg site.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Yeah didn't he have plan for a bracket, I think he referred to it as the "popsicle stick" bracket for BTA drinks like Torhans, Aerodrink etc. shown in the pre-order?

He’s mentioned a few possibilities to me and I have a few ideas of my own. You can PM me if you want. I don’t want to hijack this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume an etap blip box is too big to fit in the cavity?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Unfortunately correct. That BlipBox is enormous.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

How much narrower is the one over the alpha now that it's UCI legal. I can see it's not as wide but don't see that measurement on the site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is stack on integrated stem 25mm?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
TriRig wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

How much narrower is the one over the alpha now that it's UCI legal. I can see it's not as wide but don't see that measurement on the site.
Do you mean the chord depth of the base bar? That varies over the course of the bar, but maybe on average it’s ~20mm shallower? Just guessing, I’m answering from a phone and don’t have the models here.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next