Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TriRig Alpha One
Quote | Reply
I guess since Jim says it's awesome I should go ahead and just send my money over now, even though my Alpha X bars work just fine. I'm curious to see how this bar improves on the Alpha X.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Last edited by: refthimos: Nov 21, 17 21:16
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to start a thread to see everyone’s guesses on the improvement over the alpha x.

I’ll start.... 10 watts or 3 min over an IM.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I already asked him on IG if I could go ahead and send him my money, no response lol.

I think the main improvement is going to be ease/quickness of adjustment, not necessarily that much more aero. And that is reason enough for me to buy it and sell my alpha x as I'm planning to go see Jim in a couple of months. Being able to make changes quickly during aero testing should be huge.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the alpha x was supposed to be super adjustable already. Is there really that much room for improvement?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone want to sell their Alpha X to upgrade? I am ready to buy. 😀

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is always room to make minor changes, call them game changers, upgrades etc and cause everyone to want to pay more money for your product. See Apple.

I bet it will be pretty cool though. I’m looking forward to at least seeing it.

Reminds me of this...

https://www.youtube.com/...FmhE&app=desktop
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 21, 17 14:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
I thought the alpha x was supposed to be super adjustable already. Is there really that much room for improvement?

If you put someone on a fit bike and get there exact measurements, then the alpha x is pretty awesome. Except you have to buy an additional tilt kit if you want to angle your arms up. And you have to buy an additional adapter if you want your pads slammed with the extensions in line with the base bar.

But if you want to tinker it is a complete pain in the ass. Have to swap out little spacers and every time you do that you have to basically take the thing completely apart and put it back together again. Very time consuming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
But if you want to tinker it is a complete pain in the ass. Have to swap out little spacers and every time you do that you have to basically take the thing completely apart and put it back together again. Very time consuming.

it's pretty much like this with every bike. If you have Di2 or eTap it becomes a little bit easier but still.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Does anyone want to sell their Alpha X to upgrade? I am ready to buy. 😀[/quote

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless one is a massive disappointment my alpha x will be for sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, really. PM me if you decide to pull the trigger.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you hit any reach numbers ( with in reason)? The pad adjustments look pretty large 20 mm and no stem adjustment. I'm not super happy with my Zipp Vuka but I'm really dialed in so I'm hesitant to change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone wants to get ride of their Alpha's PM me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you use the calculator on the website? If you are locked in on a specific stack and use of stem shims vs pad shims (like if you want to completely slam the stem and only use pad spacers), then you only have 3 reach options. But the pads are pretty large and can accommodate you moving in between the 3 fixed positions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:

it was super adjustable. but not super duper adjustable. its one achilles adjustment heel was in length: it was a long bar, and didn't adjust back as well as it adjusted in every other plane.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I'm dumb....where is info on the One? Can't find any.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dumbass! It’s scheduled for release tomorrow.

Cheers,

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I did. But I'm still Leary about the reach adjustment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
I guess since Jim says it's awesome I should go ahead and just send my money over now, even though my Alpha X bars work just fine. I'm curious to see how this bar improves on the Alpha X.

I hope:
  1. Enough of the one bolt, steerer crushing (at below specified torque) stem. 2 bolt works just fine thanks.
  2. Improve the wire routing. Some holes/routing are unusable due to carbon pieces blocking the path.
  3. Make room for the Blip Box or please talk Sram into improving their monstrosity.
  4. Integrate the Hydration (see Profile Design for ideas but ignore their use of a 2lb stem).
  5. Don't take everyone's money with the promise of a totally unrealistic delivery timeframe (see TriRig or Tesla for examples)

Otherwise, still love the Alpha X.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Hey Dumbass! It’s scheduled for release tomorrow.

Cheers,

Scott

How do we know this?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a idea on the price of the ONE?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing how it’s not released till tomorrow...

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok.... let's guess
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been sworn to secrecy, but it’s a good price if what I heard was true.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: GreatScott: Nov 21, 17 17:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next