Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL Week 10
Quote | Reply
So, where are we now?

Teams that are (most likely) in the playoffs:

Steelers: had a couple of bad games, but they've kept on winning and the rest of the division keeps losing
Pats: see above. Bills looked good for a few weeks and seem to have returned to their old ways
Chiefs: definitely not as hot as the first few weeks, but getting the job done and the rest of the division is terrible

Eagles: still no obvious weakness. Might have to agree they're for real
Vikings: solid team, 5 game winning streak after a shaky start

Teams that should get to the playoffs:

Titans / Jaguars...and hard to say. Bills maybe? The AFC is terrible this year. Only 6 teams with a winning record.
Saints / Panthers, Rams / Seahawks 2 of these should be second. Don't think anyone in the NFC will top these.

Teams that are done:
Besides the obvious ones...Broncos, Falcons, Cowboys. Playoff hopefuls, none of them will make it.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 10 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I find interesting is how bad the QB position is right now. Granted some of these kids who are emerging--Wentz and Goff at the top of the list--might be in that elite tier soon but this season we've seen Aaron Rodgers go down, the Matt Ryan Falcons are a mess, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer have all seriously declined from their primes, Andrew Luck is hurt and maybe not the QB people exp[ected him to be, and Carr, Winston and Mariota have all taken a step back.

It's a WEIRD NFL season when Alex Smith has the best QB rating in the league and people are talking themselves into teams led by Blake Bortles and Case Keenum.

Oh and I'd probably be taking the Saints ahead of any team in the NFC save the Eagles, especially with Sherman down for the Seahawks. I'm not buying into the Vikings totally, not with their QB play, and the Rams look good but they'll need another season, too much young talent imo to be reliable come playoff time. Meanwhile the Saints D is much improved, Brees is still fantastic and they have a legit, balanced offensive attack for the first time in a long time.

NE and Pittsburgh, Philly and NO, those are the final four IMO (unless KC gets their act together, in which case they can easily be in that discussion).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cowboys might be 8-8. I think I said that more than 9 weeks ago. I still stand by it.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 10 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. You were spot on. And facing the next 5 games with EE is going to hurt them badly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During the Bills/Saints game there was a injury that required a large Ambulance to drive into the stadium and onto the field to get the player (he's fine).
Despite the Bills D-line being lined up and ready, the Ambulance managed to drive through without being touched.
The Bills are heading to a 8-8 record.
Their only hope is that KC crashes and gets overtaken by the Raiders so those draft picks they got from them are worth something.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 10 [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible that Rex was a better coach than McDermott? I guess we will see if Peterman is the starting QB against the Chiefs this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Is it possible that Rex was a better coach than McDermott? I guess we will see if Peterman is the starting QB against the Chiefs this weekend.

No. Rex is not a better coach. McDermott effed up royally. He may have lost the Bills 2 QBs with that move. But he seems to have more eye for strategy than tactics. McDermott is setting the Bills up to win in 2 to 3 years. This year was supposed to be a write off. It just that the Bills went off script for the first 7 weeks and actually looked good. They'll finish 8-8 and come out better next year.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IF my Lions win Thursday at home we are going to the playoffs. IF they lose the season is over and we're going to get a new coach. .

In other news Cousins is still going to make 20+ million next year....and Peterman will be the butt of jokes forever. Great coaching in Buffalo, eh?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 10 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gosh I hope not (Vikings fan here). But the last few years the Lions are like kryptonite to the Vikings and they always seem to make mental mistakes they typically don't against most other teams.

But it is definitely a big game indeed for both teams both divisional race wise and overall playoff implications. Right now with the Falcons win both the Seaducks and Lions are outside looking in due to tiebreaker belong to the Falcons.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 10 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Sanchez will forever be the butt of jokes. Sorry.
Quote Reply