Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 13/14 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 13/14 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
this week: at least one day off from running; ride 2x; swim meet Saturday! (swim 5-6x)
all done! I ran 6x for a total of 41.9 mi, swam 6x for a total of 7900 yds, and rode 4 times for a total of 12 miles (used the bike to commute for a couple days).

The meet went well. I won the 500, 1650, and 200 (in that order), times 6:19, 22:27, 2:32 respectively. I was happiest with my 100 free (1:07.28) because I had head-to-head competition and won the heat by half a second. It was fun :-) I'm not thrilled with the distance race times, but I haven't been swimming a ton so I can't expect anything much faster.

Goals this week - day off from running, ride 2-3x, swim 5x

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik and congratulations on your swim meet!

My goals were pretty standard:
four runs (but hold about the same as my normal weekly mileage), two bikes, two swims, two strength sessions, and yoga class. I'll do my daily p/rehab. I might go climbing.

I did everything I said I'd do and went climbing. The trail Ragnar was fun -- I ran 14 miles and 3K of climbing in 3 fun legs with a fun group. I must have been on a trail kick because for my second bike of the week, I rented a MTB and tried that for the first time -- it was super fun.
This week, I have three runs, three bikes, two or three swims, two strength sessions, a yoga class, and my daily p/rehab. I *might* do a local sprint this weekend mostly because it's Thanksgiving themed and there's pie at the finish line!

My (sports but not-fitness) goal for November is to figure out my race plan/goals for 2018.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biggest volume week for 2017!

Mon: Evan workout (weights/a lot of functional training/core/etc.)
Tue: Trainer 35 min
Wed: Evan workout
Thur: swim 900 yds (lots of kicking - last session of the 6 session clinic)
Fri: Trainer 40 min
Sat: Trainer 45 min
Sun: Swim 1,900 yds; yoga

This week is increase swimming and get back into the masters' sessions. November is super busy with work, work travel, and hockey so my plate is pretty full.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done all the women: Dr TC on the swim meet, SoCal on the Ragnar, Anna on facing down some fears and ironclm on a big week!

I got back from England last night and it was great to sleep in my own bed again. I had a fantastic time with my sister (I REALLY REALLY wish we lived closer) and got some quality time with my dad and Dan's family too. Now I'm just settling back into the swing of things with the aim of some consistent cycling and strength training until we head to Tucson next month.

Aims for this week: 4 trainer rides, 2 strength sessions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Women!

Wow. Sounds like a lot of great times.

Me? Meh. SICK. Blah. I don't like it. Trying to remember that colds go away eventually....

Goals for this week: be healthy again. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Nov 15, 17 22:17
Re: How was your week? Nov. 13/14 edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s, thanks! It was more climbing than I anticipated that's for sure but alas all on two feet :D It's great that you and your family are learning to lead -- I feel comfortable lead climbing but much less comfortable lead belaying. I've done it before (inside and out) but I am not certified to lead belay at the indoor gym where I'e been climbing but you've inspired me to get on that.

Get well soon, SLOGoing.
Great job, IronCLM.
So glad you had a nice trip, Scheherazade.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply