Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Diego (East County) Morning Ride Route Recommendation
Quote | Reply
Out with family for a couple of days and looking to ride a couple hours (35-40 Miles) each morning so appreciate help on following:

* routes with reference, point as top of Fletcher Parkway (coming from the valley) or Grossmont High School.

*. Good starting point for early AM up Laguna?

Thanks for any help as long time since I rode out here.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego (East County) Morning Ride Route Recommendation [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Western Loop is one out east. That will be just over 40 miles.

But park in Pine Valley and ride up Kitchen Creek then go from there on Sunrise Highway. Either back down, or go further. There's a bigger loop that goes out through Julian, back around on Engineers Road.

These will both be routes with good climbing, but the Kitchen Creek is a more interesting route in my opinion.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego (East County) Morning Ride Route Recommendation [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I was able to find this easy on a map. Appreciate the help.

Quote Reply
Re: San Diego (East County) Morning Ride Route Recommendation [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grew up out there. You could do, Fletcher Pkwy North to Navajo going West. Navajo will end at Waring, so you go right to Princess View, another right, to Mission Gorge and turn right. Take Mission Gorge all the way to Cuyamaca which will take you to the bottom of the Fletcher Pkwy hill and then up that back to Grossmont HS. Not sure on the distance, maybe use map my ride.
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego (East County) Morning Ride Route Recommendation [cldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I was looking at that yesterday so good to hear that is rideable. Yeah, I grew up here as well but last time I was on these roads was wearing a Skid Lid.....so been a while and appreciate the info. Thanks!

Quote Reply