Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cincinnati running
Quote | Reply
Visiting Cincinnati for the weekend and was curious about running routes. I'll be staying near the Duke Convention center and will be looking to get a run in on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I would like for one of them to be a longer run~13 miles and would like some suggestions on easy routes that's may be enjoyable. I don't mind doing the same route all 3 days but wouldn't mind changing it up if there were good options. I was reading about Riverfront Path but not sure where to get on it or if it's labeled well or an actual continuous path. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cincinnati running [dbikelink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a Skyline Chili joke in there someplace, but I'm not gonna go looking for it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used to go to UC and would just run around campus - nothing exciting but it was a 2 mile loop.

With where you're at you could check out the Flying Pig Marathon course because that goes through downtown and into Eden Park.

Or if you have a car you can drive over to Lunken Airfield - there's a loop there that used to be decent (been 10 years since I've lived there). Also the bike path that's pretty long starts around there.

Here's a link to other bike paths in the area https://www.traillink.com/...incinnati-oh-trails/

There's also a Bob Ronker's Running spot just over the river in KY (at least there used to be), they probably have group runs on the weekend, if that's your thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run east through downtown on 5th Street/Columbia Parkway and run up the steps from the pedestrian bridge over the Parkway NE to Mount Adams and Eden Park. Great views of the city. On the way back, instead of getting on the Parkway at the pedestrian bridge head down more steps to the river where you can run the riverfront path along the river. If you've got a car, the Mt. Airy Forest has some nice trails just northwest of downtown.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Nov 14, 17 13:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just run towards either the Bengals or Reds stadiums; the riverfront path runs just south of it. Run up the river and keep following the path. Not sure how far it goes but you can pick up the gravel trail and keep heading up river. I have run about 8k out before I turned around.

If you are staying in one of the hotels downtown they have maps as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Cincinnati running [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No joking about Skyline Chili!! You can, however, joke about Gold Star Chili.

But, for a TRUE Cincy foodstuff, try Goetta.

I also vote for Eden Park, but across the River is Devou Park, much larger and spectacular views.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply