Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Home Based Business Accounting Software Choices
Quote | Reply
My wife and I are now operating two home-based businesses out of home and both are fully what we do now.

The accounting for both, has come to the point that we are considering some form of accounting software to better keep track of everything. Looking for suggestions as to which ones are out there.

Thanks.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Home Based Business Accounting Software Choices [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2 that I recommend most are Quickbooks and Simply Accounting.

For small businesses, I would recommend Simply as you can buy modules depending on what you need or don't need.

http://www.sage.com/...accounting2/#compare
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use QuickBooks. It works pretty well. My book keeper and accountant can both log on to my account which is a nifty feature.

One point of advice: find someone who can help you set it up, or pay someone to set it up for you. I'm in construction and had next to no business knowledge when I started. I was confused by terms, process, etc and fumbled my way through setup. I found online tutorials mainly useless as they didn't relate to my business. I wish I had just told someone "this is what I want to do, this is what I want to track, set it up for me, tell me how to use it."

Would have saved me a lot of time and headache.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Home Based Business Accounting Software Choices [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Double ditto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QuickBooks without a doubt.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As sanuk says, either Quickbooks or Sage (formerly Simply Accounting). I wouldn't bother with anything else for a small business.

I haven't looked at the pricing recently, but last time I looked the pricing for Sage was better than Quickbooks. Depends on what you need it to do.

edit... what industry / nature of the business? Requirements? Do you need it to do payroll and generate T4s?

That'll help people give a better recommendation.

For really small business (no employees, non-incorporated, etc) then I think Quicken will also work with the added benefit of integrating into QuickTax. I don't recall if Quickbooks will integrate easily into QuickTax or not.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Nov 14, 17 10:27
Quote Reply
Re: Home Based Business Accounting Software Choices [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd go with Quickbooks. Everyone uses it, all accountants either use it or can access/get data from it. Lots of Qbooks people around to help with the setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've worked with both Quickbooks and Sage and of the two, prefer Quickbooks. If you do choose Quickbooks go with the online version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
Quote Reply