Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to think of something clever to say about this but I've got nothing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2139873
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't know GQ was still being published. I'm not sure I've ever read the magazine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

The would-be communists of the world recognize and protect their own.
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Pound Sand wrote:
I didn't know GQ was still being published. I'm not sure I've ever read the magazine.

And I’m sure that is CK got this, uh, award?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its amazing to see the amount of hate that is focused on Collin K.
All the guy held up a mirror to American society.
Its shocking that so many would attack him as if it was his speaking up about this issue of systemic racism that was the real problem. Even more frightening is the number of people who actually prove his point, when they call him a N!$@er or Thug or something elese carrying racist connotations.

I think its both right and brave of GQ to do this.
I know history will clearly vindicate Collin K and GQ for doing this, though both may suffer financial penalties for doing the right thing.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He earned that hate. Wearing Che Guevara shirts and socks with images of police as pigs on them and of course his conspicuous disrespect of my country.
Brave of GQ? I've never seen a story in their magazine that gave a positive portrayal of a conservative or conservative views. So you have a leftist magazine promoting a guy who doesn't like the U.S. Hardly brave or surprising.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The link didn't work for me, but I think I get the drift from the title. I agree not my choice for citizen of the year, and by a far stretch. I was just trying to think who it should be, at least in my mind and it is tough. But first name that popped into my head was Mueller. Think he was retired and a citizen, would he be in the running??

And I really don't care what he comes up with, just that this whole thing gets a truth light shone on it, and behind us, so that we can move forward and get on with business and get ourselves out of this bad reality show..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And......he's refusing to do and interview with GQ.

What a guy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you leave politics out of it and like sports figures for this award how about J.J. Watt for using his fame and NFL standing to raise almost $40 million for hurricane relief. A positive use of fame and fortune for a good cause.

Careful w Mueller - he might put some high level Dems in prison before he’s done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Careful w Mueller - he might put some high level Dems in prison before he’s done. //

Good, I don't really care who goes to prison, if they deserve it. I'm not that fond of either party right now, haven't been since I registered independent back in the Perot era..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the collective approval ratings of both parties, Congress, and POTUS it’s hard to imagine anyone happy with our politics. I agree re Mueller - drain the swamp across the board.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any magazine that changes its name from Gentlemens Quarterly to GQ to hide it's blatant sexism and history of sexism can't be trusted to begin with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racism exists but can you provide some specific examples of systemic racism? What laws only apply to one race?

75% of black children are raised without fathers and only 50% graduate high school. Are you making the claim that the decision to have children outside of marriage and dropping out high school is because of what happened to their great grandfather?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
If you leave politics out of it and like sports figures for this award how about J.J. Watt for using his fame and NFL standing to raise almost $40 million for hurricane relief. A positive use of fame and fortune for a good cause.

Exactly what I was thinking, pretty tremendous accomplishment. The cynic in me wants to think part of the decision was based on the fact that naming Kaepernick would result in more retweets / clicks / sales.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

I thought this was a joke....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its not clever but GQ is not a serious magazine. It is a vehicle for adds for luxury goods.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colin the POS disrespects the flag, wears socks depicting police officers as pigs; wears Fidel Castro shirt as a fashion statement IN MIAMI; kills ratings for NFL than tries to sue them for collusion for not hiring the activist. This "Citizen of the year" has never even bothered to register to vote!

The crappy magazine bypassed a real outstanding citizen like JJ Watt for a commie lover.

JJ Watts foundation raised $37 million for hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
Also has provided funding in excess of $3,475,000 to 6th – 8th grade after school athletic programs and organizations...
This guy we should honor along with many other professional athletes that give back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CK was the perfect stooge to get that 15 minutes for GQ.
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
kills ratings for NFL

Ok I wouldn't go thaaaat far lol... NFL has had a ratings problem even before Kap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not the hate for him as a person that you see all the uproar. It's the method he used for protest that is causing the problem. No issue with the cause or the right to protest. Big issue with the disrespect for the flag and what it represents to this nation.

As a person I could care less what he wears, does in his personal life. I'm sure if we really tried we could find another 100+ people that have done something positive in their lives to benefit the larger audience that are not celebrities or athletes. If you want an athlete there are plenty like the mentioned JJ Watt and his foundation.
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [Blee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blee wrote:
getcereal wrote:
kills ratings for NFL

Ok I wouldn't go thaaaat far lol... NFL has had a ratings problem even before Kap.

I use to think that too. But a lot of my friends even liberal buddies tell me they are disgusted by the take a knee thing and they are done with the NFL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
The link didn't work for me, but I think I get the drift from the title. I agree not my choice for citizen of the year, and by a far stretch. I was just trying to think who it should be, at least in my mind and it is tough. But first name that popped into my head was Mueller. Think he was retired and a citizen, would he be in the running??

It's tough? Really???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

When he gets the Nobel Peace Prize I'm sure you'll come up with something!
Quote Reply
Re: Colin K Named GQ Citizen of the Year [Tik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tik wrote:
Big issue with the disrespect for the flag and what it represents to this nation.

How is taking a knee during the Anthem disrespecting the flag? He removed his helmet while many others kept their hats on, he did not turn his back on the flag or walk off the field, and he did not make any obscene gestures at the flag or burn it. He used his celebrity to call attention to racial inequality, something that needs to have a spotlight applied to it. He started a national dialogue which continues today. Will anything come of it, probably too early to tell.

Isn't this disrespect for the flag?

How about this?

Quote Reply

Prev Next