Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Have I told ya' how much I hate plumbing!?!?
Quote | Reply
Especially polybutylene and those $hitty fittings!

I have lived in this house for 14.5 years, and without fail, one of the fittings leaks around this time of the year. "No problem, I got Shark Bites" is what I say to Mrs. EndlessH2O, and it usually isn't a problem. Well, this time around, just as I'm cutting into & around the leaking fitting, it occurs to me that the pin hole leak hasn't stopped after shutting off the water in the house. Turns out, after tracing that line, it is on the main line coming into the house. F-Me! Because, it is after 9pm here on the East Coast, the big boxes are closed and I don't have a key to turn off the water at the street. Just finished wrapping the pipe in plumbing tape to at least redirect the leak into a bucket.

Screw this repair, I'ma getting a pro to do it first thing tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Re: Have I told ya' how much I hate plumbing!?!? [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I replaced all my pb pipe over a year ago. I had one my fittings burst, but fortunately I was at home and could turn it off. I sleep better knowing that stuff is gone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm confused, mainline comes into the house, then there is a main shut off. Where is your leak?

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will a pipe wrench not shut it off at the meter?

Username + this situation = irony

Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Have I told ya' how much I hate plumbing!?!? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like the leak is before the main shut off in the house. Which is why he needs the key to shut it off at the street.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Have I told ya' how much I hate plumbing!?!? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
I'm confused, mainline comes into the house, then there is a main shut off. Where is your leak?

Leak (in elbow fitting attached to main line) is a foot below shut off for house (located in kitchen pantry) in crawl space. If I had a key to turn off the main line that runs into the house from the curb, it would have been fixed by now.
Quote Reply
Re: Have I told ya' how much I hate plumbing!?!? [ryaldela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryaldela wrote:
Username + this situation = irony

No irony here...none...what-so-evah.
Quote Reply