Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How can i handle this?
Quote | Reply
I know someone who this weekend was just in his 3rd accident since september. All single car. 2 of them i know he was drunk because he laughed about it. His car wasnt totaled, and he was able to get a private tow or drive home. The one this weekend, i havent talked to him, but someone else told me they dont think he was. His suburban was totaled. I saw photos, he rolled it a few times. I dont know any other details yet about the latest one, if cops were involved or not.

Hes lucky he hasnt killed anyone or himself. But at this rate, neither would be surprising. How can i intervene? Anonymously.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: How can i handle this? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you ever see him driving around when you know or suspect him to be drunk?

If so just call the cops on him.

Otherwise just stop associating with him.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, i think the best outcome is in the court system after being busted for DUI. Worst case he kills someone else and/or himself. I had a family member addict and we finally called the cops when she was high and had her arrested and charged. Court mandated rehab/testing and she’s been clean for 10yrs and recently graduated from Nursing school with a great job. Tough love may be the only hope. She hated all of us for years but it was worth it.

I agree w Duffy - call the cops if/when you know he’s drinking and driving and the let system take a shot at him.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: How can i handle this? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Do you ever see him driving around when you know or suspect him to be drunk?

If so just call the cops on him.

Otherwise just stop associating with him.

Its a professional relationship, albeit a laid back one. I dont associate with him in any other capacity.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well you're obviously depressed.....

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He needs professional help. Getting caught by the cops will potentially get him off the road for a bit. The one or two people I know or knew like him will keep driving. Look at all the people you see who hurt someone and it’s discovered multiplied DUIs.

I worked with a guy who had 4 or 5 DUIs. Last one fell asleep and his car ended up in someone’s house. Years later he decided to get his license again , “I’ll never drink and drive again”. Took a few weeks before he was back at it.
Knew another guy who did time for killing someone in an accident DUI. Back at it a year or two after getting out.

Best solution is he quits drinking.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: How can i handle this? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Well you're obviously depressed.....

Clearly!

Quote Reply
Re: How can i handle this? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be difficult to do that.

I HATE drunk driving. Ive known 2 people who died that way. One was a passenger, and the car went off the road and hit the light pole in front of her cousins house. Wasnt headed there, just a coincidence. The crash woke up the cousin who went outside to find her dead realitive in a banged up car. hell of a thing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you pre-emptively call the cops / write a letter about the plate number, where/when he tends to drink, and what you know of this history? tell them your suspicions?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s a horrible topic. My wife and kids were hit head on a few yrs ago by a wrong way driver who was beyond wasted. Thankfully no one died.

I can’t think of any other ideas besides calling the cops on him if you see it. I cannot see a confrontation being effective at all. Tough situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you really want to handle this you need to perform a preemptive strike:

Meet him at a bar. Use some kind of ruse to get him there. Do some shots. Make sure you are both drunk... 10 -20 minutes before you both are going to leave have your S/O show up to pick you up. Do another shot for the road.

Call the cops as soon as you leave and report the bar/his car/license plate and the way he will be driving.

Otherwise just let him drive drunk until he kills a family and /or himself.

Your choice.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply