Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 worlds slot allocation
Quote | Reply
Where do I find the slot allocation for 2018 70.3 Worlds? Awhile back I found a PDF file or something that listed all races and their slots; now I can't find it again.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds slot allocation [davedaprato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
google search coach cox? He has Ironman stats. not sure of 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.ironman.com/~/media/9faebe32f9f5495db09ff861d159b231/2018%20qualifying%20slots%2011%201%2017.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slot allocation is as follows. Everyone who finishes a qualifying race, and shows up to awards ceremony, gets a slot
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds slot allocation [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG you are so damn funny! It is really pathetic that you actually took the time trolling around on ST to post in this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds slot allocation [Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mark! Exactly what I was looking for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davedaprato wrote:

I'm looking to go to SA too. Where are you qualifying from? I think I will have to finish top 5 probably. My AG has 3 slots, but we are in Western Australia, so a fair few people will be wanting to go.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds slot allocation [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
davedaprato wrote:

I'm looking to go to SA too. Where are you qualifying from? I think I will have to finish top 5 probably. My AG has 3 slots, but we are in Western Australia, so a fair few people will be wanting to go.
I'd show up to roll down no matter where you finish, for that reason. You'll see AGs roll down very far. In 2016 when the race was in Oz, it was rolling down into the 20s at US qualifying races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the rolldowns can vary widely from race to race, but will start to roll down further as we get closer to the end of qualifying period. Mont-Tremblant, Coeur d'Alene, and Buffalo Springs will have quite a few being in the last weekend of North American Qualifying.

Right now some AG's are only rolling to 6 or 7 even with only 2 slots, while other AG's at those same races are rolling all the way through (no in the AG wants it).

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds slot allocation [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At IM NC 70.3 a couple of weeks ago I got the last one at #8 in 45-49 M AG. My friend didn’t get one at #8 50-54 M AG. Most AGs they seemed to go in the top 5 or so.

Before hand, we were speculating that on one side this was an early race and no one would have qualified yet so they’d go early but on the other side SA is a long, expensive way to go. Ultimately, the slots didn’t go as far down as we thought they might. Obviously this will change as the year rolls (no pun intended) along.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
davedaprato wrote:

I actually qualified at Austin a couple weeks ago, but I didn't take the slot b/c my wife made me feel like a dick b/c she couldn't go with me. I'm looking for other races to do to re-qualify b/c now I just don't care that she won't go with me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davedaprato wrote:
zedzded wrote:
davedaprato wrote:

I actually qualified at Austin a couple weeks ago, but I didn't take the slot b/c my wife made me feel like a dick b/c she couldn't go with me. I'm looking for other races to do to re-qualify b/c now I just don't care that she won't go with me.

Different continent, but same boat. I'll see you there for a beer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
davedaprato wrote:
zedzded wrote:
davedaprato wrote:

Different continent, but same boat. I'll see you there for a beer!

I'm game!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if the "Age Up" thing work the same at IM 70.3 races as it does for USAT -> Worlds? I.e. if a racer will be in the next age group when worlds occurs, does that racer compete for a slot in their current age group or the older age group at an IM 70.3 event?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds slot allocation [XianoBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XianoBear wrote:
Do you know if the "Age Up" thing work the same at IM 70.3 races as it does for USAT -> Worlds?
You compete in the AG that you are in that year.

At 2016 Muncie 70.3 I qualified in the 40-44 AG. I competed at 2017 Chatt 70.3 Worlds in the 45-49 AG. (Not that it helped.)

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds slot allocation [XianoBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The short answer is NO.
Quote Reply