Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First Triathlon Bike- Seat Angle Question
Quote | Reply
I got my first tri bike this week. I haven't had time to get outside with the days shortening, so I set it up on the trainer this evening for a quick 30 minute ride.

The position feels pretty good. The bike fit at the shop was pretty extensive, but I don't know anything about position.

I was concerned about experienceing numbness downstairs because of leaning forward in the aero bars. I didn't have any numbness, but it was only 30 minutes.

My question is, when I sat up, either on the bull horns or just no hands completely sitting up, my seat feels like its dumping me forward. Is this something I need to get used to, or should it feel pretty flat like my road bike?
Quote Reply
Re: First Triathlon Bike- Seat Angle Question [jonp9576] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check the level of your saddle. Sometimes it will come loose and tilt forward. Not sure about others but I like my saddle to be perfectly level and need to adjust every so often.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Video?
Quote Reply
Re: First Triathlon Bike- Seat Angle Question [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
everything was tight, but I ended up tilting the nose of the saddle up a mm or two and it seemed to feel more "correct"

I think I might be buying a new saddle at some point.

How long do you ride a saddle before you decide if its for you or not? ive only been on this one for a few hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: First Triathlon Bike- Seat Angle Question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
A couple weeks.
thank you. ill give it a while before i make any decisions
Quote Reply