Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best Treadmill to BUY
Quote | Reply
I am forgoing a gym membership and building up my paincave.
Woodways are the best treadmills that I have ever ran on. But....worth more than my car. So I am checking to see the best treadmills that you recommend so I can start comparing...?

1) Woodways
2) Boston Marathon Treadmill 4.0(Lionel uses this one I think)
3)

Any other high end...cheaper-ish ones?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [ironmuffin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sole F80, NordicTrack Commercial 2450.

Go with the Sole, as the NT requires a subscription that is a whopping $400+ extra.
Last edited by: duckies: Sep 8, 17 13:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go with the Life Fitness Club Series. You can get a club series that is built for home use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel runs on a Woodway now, he posted a vid the other day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Sole F80 is a solid, well used choice. It's not perfect though - quite a few users have managed to crack the deck (me included, they send you a new one for free, they're not hard to swap out on your own) after a few years, and in my case, my entire console shorted out after 4 years and had to be replaced at my cost ($350), although to be fair, my TM is in a garage that develops lots of condensation.

I will say that our gyms have the Life Fitness treadmills, and they're fine and beefier, but I don't notice any particular improvement in the run quality compared to the (much) cheaper Sole F80. The F80 also has a lifetime warrantee on the motor so you don't have to worry about burning it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Woodway*

*my office gym has three of them and I swear I'm the only one that uses them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Precor home treadmill I quite like (energy series). If it has a weakness, its that you have to press the up and down keys to adjust speeds, and the speed doesn't adjust quickly, so it's not super practical for interval work. The nicer gym treadmills have the feature where you can program two speeds and switch between them.

Had I been able too find a reasonably priced used gym treadmill I'd have gone that route. That aside, I'd buy mine again.

Being honest with how I use mine, it's mostly just a way to run every day with out going out the rain; so mostly easy runs with the occasional tempo or long run, so the speed thing is not an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmuffin wrote:
Woodways are the best treadmills that I have ever ran on. But....worth more than my car. So I am checking to see the best treadmills that you recommend so I can start comparing...?

1) Woodways
3)

Don't go TRUE.

Maurice,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up a gently used Sole F80 on Craigslist. At the price I paid, I would have no problem replacing the deck a few times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a barely used but old Landice and love it. The thing is a tank. Not many fancy features but does exactly what I need it to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
ironmuffin wrote:

1) Woodways
3)

Don't go TRUE.

Maurice,

Reason??? I've had a True PS100 for a little over 2 years and it's been wonderful. Zero issues and super solid.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been running on a Sole F85 for around a year now. Solid unit with a nice, wide running surface. Picked it up off of craigslist for $500.

My only gripe is that the preset speeds have a gap right where I usually like to run, so instead of being able to hit one button for my intervals I have to hit speed up/down multiple times. Other than that I'm happy with my purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Nordic track a couple of years ago. It's great and no issues. There is the dumb ifit program on it, however there are no requirements to pay for it.

I do wish treadmills were "smarter" though.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [Calvinbal6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been looking at them also, thinking Landice L8 with cardio console.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landice L7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Matrix Treadmill!!!! PIcked the upgraded video console where I can watch Netflix...love it
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
The Sole F80 is a solid, well used choice. It's not perfect though - quite a few users have managed to crack the deck (me included, they send you a new one for free, they're not hard to swap out on your own) after a few years, and in my case, my entire console shorted out after 4 years and had to be replaced at my cost ($350), although to be fair, my TM is in a garage that develops lots of condensation.

I will say that our gyms have the Life Fitness treadmills, and they're fine and beefier, but I don't notice any particular improvement in the run quality compared to the (much) cheaper Sole F80. The F80 also has a lifetime warrantee on the motor so you don't have to worry about burning it out.

I think Sole might be made by Dyaco. I know my Spirit fitness is. Solid machines for sure but not without issues here and there. Nothing to prevent operation. I got it for chump change anyway.

http://www.dyaco.com/en/ourbrands

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
Landice L7

+1

12 year's in, not a lick of maintenance, 1000s of miles and not a single issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will suggest you to go with Sole F80 treadmill, it costs somewhere around 1500$ and it works smooth and quietly. According to this article its been listed as best quiet treadmill for home. Many treadmill review experts recommend sole f80.

Zachary
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
ironmuffin wrote:

1) Woodways
3)

Don't go TRUE.

Maurice,

Reason??? I've had a True PS100 for a little over 2 years and it's been wonderful. Zero issues and super solid.

Me too. My True PS100 has been rock solid. It doesn't have all the fancy graphics or wifi but it gives me single touch speeds and inclines for intervals and a powerful motor and very good deck system that is reasonably quiet. Seems to be built like a tank.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [bet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Me too. My True PS100 has been rock solid. It doesn't have all the fancy graphics or wifi but it gives me single touch speeds and inclines for intervals and a powerful motor and very good deck system that is reasonably quiet. Seems to be built like a tank.

I've had a PS100 for about 2 years now and it's awesome. No issues at all. Very solid.

I ran on a Nordictrack when I was shopping around and it felt cheap and flimsy. I could feel the deck flex. The True was solid and felt more like a commercial treadmill. I thought the Landice was a little nicer than the True, but the difference wasn't big enough for me to justify the cost so I thought the True was a really good compromise.

I've been really happy with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't really speak to "best" since I've only ever bought one---a Pro-form. We bought it around 2000 or so, it was the most expensive one they had at the mall sporting good store back then at around $900 or so. Still have it.

I've recently replaced the original belt, and had to replace a power transistor on the control board (probably because the belt was worn). Its been in near constant use for the entire 17 years we've owned it.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [bet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we have a Sole F80 got it on black friday a few years ago and has been great. Managed to wear out the rear roller but it was my fault for over tightening it I thought the running belt was slipping but it was the motor belt. No deck issues yet for us and we use it almost daily and twice a day in winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Treadmill to BUY [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exige wrote:
we have a Sole F80 got it on black friday a few years ago and has been great. Managed to wear out the rear roller but it was my fault for over tightening it I thought the running belt was slipping but it was the motor belt. No deck issues yet for us and we use it almost daily and twice a day in winter.

+1 I have had my Sole F80 for 4+ years and it has been absolutely great. I train a lot on it over the Winter and it has been great considering what I paid for it.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next