Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much can you fit in the box behind seat? Spare tube, co2, and such?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Willi3ja] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely a tube, co2, maybe a multitool. It's a useful size.

Also, the lid hinge and locking mechanism seems really secure. No one should be losing a lid on a bumpy ride.
Last edited by: srev: Oct 19, 17 14:12
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All here is the email and info from Felt:

Here is the info.

IA Series CALpac 2.0
USA retail price: $69.99
Compatibility: Fits all IA models.
Available to order by any Felt dealer or in the Felt webstore (USA only)
http://www.feltbicycles.com/...ries-CALpac-2-0.aspx

SPECIAL PROMOTION: Now through the end of 2017, we are offering the CALpac 2.0 at 50% off retail pricing to existing Felt IA customers. This special discounted $35 price is not available on the webstore and must be done through a Felt retailer. Please be patient with this process as it is a requirement to get the special pricing - any Calpacs sold at 50% discount MUST capture the following information:
-Consumer name
-Consumer address
-Consumer E-Mail address
-IA bike serial number

More info on CALpac 2.0 installation here:
http://www.feltbicycles.com/...IA_Manual_CALpac.pdf

IA Series BTSpac
USA retail price: $49.99
Compatibility: Fits MY2018+ IA single-digit models (IA1, IA2, etc.). Fits all IA double-digit models (IA10, IA16, etc.)
Available to order by any Felt dealer or in the Felt webstore (USA only) http://www.feltbicycles.com/...A-Series-BTSpac.aspx

More info on BTSpac installation here:
http://www.feltbicycles.com/...IA_Manual_BTSPac.pdf

Thanks,
A*** F***** - Felt Bicycles
Consumer Relations
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the new calpac and draft box.

First thoughts, big improvement on calpac.

Bummer on draft box, the way it opens I can’t use with my rear xlab cage on my seat. The lid hits it when trying to open.

Ohh well.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a photo of how close it is?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly I can’t figure it out on this site. Flip me your amail I’ll send some to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent. You need to use third party hosting like tinypic.com to host the image. Then you copy the image over to here.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
PM sent. You need to use third party hosting like tinypic.com to host the image. Then you copy the image over to here.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into tinypic.

Feel free to post the pics if you want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you fit an entire flat kit in it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Can you fit an entire flat kit in it?

Depending on your definition, yes.

Check your email, I sent pics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not entirely clear from that whether the Calpac isn't available to order at all outside US or just not from the webstore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the volume of the Felt cpspac (draft-box)? It looks really small to me. Trek says that the Draft-Box is 62 cubic inches.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Oct 23, 17 3:51
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Does anyone know the volume of the Felt cpspac (draft-box)? It looks really small to me. Trek says that the Draft-Box is 62 cubic inches.
Let's call that 1016cc or 1.016L and have no more talk of cubic inches, okay?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

Bummer on draft box, the way it opens I can’t use with my rear xlab cage on my seat. The lid hits it when trying to open.

Ohh well.

I hope you can get some pics up that we can see. I get a look at my IA16 at the LBS tomorrow and was planning on adding the draft box. I have an email from the shop owner saying that Felt put the new calpac on the frame, which is actually last year's black frame.

So what are you planning to do? Are you going to stick with the bottle cage or go with the draft box?
My preference is to a dual BTS cage mount and I currently use the Xlab Super wing and was planning on order the Xlab Turbo wing and put it in the "zero drag" position.

I guess I better hold off on ordering accessories for the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey folks, regarding the rear brakes on the earlier IA1's, does Felt offer the replacement for these free of charge to anyone who is the original owner? Anyone in Canada go through the process? Or were they never offered for free, but only as a paid 'upgrade'?

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming my fitter approves me for either frame, I'm between the IA10/16 or Cervelo p3. I'm 6ft 150. At the shop yesterday, he told me that one of the big things between the two frames (and how they ride) is that the P3 is easier, and the IA has a tendancy to get caught in crosswinds more and can get blown around more aggressively (especially for lighter riders like me.)

I was under the impression from here that the IA line is basically an oil tanker and holds a line very well. I just keep hearing conflicting information between my shop and ST. Thoughts? I'm leaning to the Felt but as a lighter rider I'll admit that I'm intimidated at the thought of getting blown around, especially with added race wheels.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would trust this quote more than any other. Dave used to work for Felt and knows the products very well.
SuperDave wrote:
The P2 is quite agile. A handy TT bike. The IA is designed to steer like a battleship with a keel and a pair of oars.
Plus, the IA is likely a faster bike than the P3.

I am not light, but I have no issues with my IA16 and a pair of 60/90 wheels. And, I have been hit by a few surprise gusts. If anything, I wish the IA was more agile and responsive.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I would trust this quote more than any other. Dave used to work for Felt and knows the products very well.
SuperDave wrote:
The P2 is quite agile. A handy TT bike. The IA is designed to steer like a battleship with a keel and a pair of oars.

Plus, the IA is likely a faster bike than the P3.

I am not light, but I have no issues with my IA16 and a pair of 60/90 wheels. And, I have been hit by a few surprise gusts. If anything, I wish the IA was more agile and responsive.

You know what, I'm just gonna suck it up and trust you and Dave. I respect my fitter a lot but I think I should know better than to go against the knowledge of this forum. Thanks.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Hey folks, regarding the rear brakes on the earlier IA1's, does Felt offer the replacement for these free of charge to anyone who is the original owner? Anyone in Canada go through the process? Or were they never offered for free, but only as a paid 'upgrade'?

Thx

How early are you talking about? I bought a new IA1 in December 2016, and the rear brake does appear to be a wee bit fiddly to get it right...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Is the below info applicable to the UK owners?...
7ofClubs wrote:
All here is the email and info from Felt:

Here is the info.

IA Series CALpac 2.0
USA retail price: $69.99
Compatibility: Fits all IA models.
Available to order by any Felt dealer or in the Felt webstore (USA only)
http://www.feltbicycles.com/...ries-CALpac-2-0.aspx

SPECIAL PROMOTION: Now through the end of 2017, we are offering the CALpac 2.0 at 50% off retail pricing to existing Felt IA customers. This special discounted $35 price is not available on the webstore and must be done through a Felt retailer. Please be patient with this process as it is a requirement to get the special pricing - any Calpacs sold at 50% discount MUST capture the following information:
-Consumer name
-Consumer address
-Consumer E-Mail address
-IA bike serial number

More info on CALpac 2.0 installation here:
http://www.feltbicycles.com/...IA_Manual_CALpac.pdf

IA Series BTSpac
USA retail price: $49.99
Compatibility: Fits MY2018+ IA single-digit models (IA1, IA2, etc.). Fits all IA double-digit models (IA10, IA16, etc.)
Available to order by any Felt dealer or in the Felt webstore (USA only) http://www.feltbicycles.com/...A-Series-BTSpac.aspx

More info on BTSpac installation here:
http://www.feltbicycles.com/...IA_Manual_BTSPac.pdf

Thanks,
A*** F***** - Felt Bicycles
Consumer Relations
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That I do not know. I am in the states and did not think to ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

Ohh well.

Hey, I just installed the draft box and have the same issue with it hitting the cages on the back of my seat. BUT...you can actually twist the draft box lid to the side and around the cages...it's all plastic so it has some bend-ability and still fits snug on...I was a little worried about snapping it...but it made it with no issue. Ideal....no...a solution based on the physical properties of plastic...yeppers!

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G'day Misha,

Just a few questions about the draft box if that's cool :).

Firstly, can the draft box lid be opened slightly or not at all without twisting the lid? I plan to use my draft box for my spare kit so I'll only need to open it when I have a flat.

Secondly, do you have an xlab behind the seat carrier? For reference, I have an xlab Delta 400 behind my seat.

Lastly, if you use yours as a spare kit, what can you fit in it?

If anyone can post pics of the draft box, behind the seat bottle problem that'd be awesome.

Thanks heaps for your time, Misha, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers and happy riding,
Jamie
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Punk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this isn’t the right place but someone told me to ask SuperDave about this- will the IA10 be compatible with 25c tires? Is there enough clearance for the frame/brakes? Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Squiggy028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's been answered elsewhere on the forum, so even though I don't actually own one, I'm going to say yes you can.
Quote Reply

Prev Next