Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Breakfast with Bob Cliff Notes?
Quote | Reply
I don't have time to listen all of Breakfast with Bob interviews but would be interested in what folks feel are the best interviews he has done leading into the race this year?

I just listened to the Cameron Wurf interview and found it very entertaining, and I learned a great deal about someone who I didn't know much about.

Its been 16 years since I first went to Kona and I've been a long time fan of the sport. I don't want to listen to "the same old stories" but I hope the Slowtwitch community can help me tease out some of the best interviews leading into this years race.

If I only have time to listen to 4 or 5 interviews before Saturday's race what would you recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob Cliff Notes? [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michelle Vesterby. She seems like a really good laugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved Sanders, because of his story. Frodo and Kienle I like, but might be same old/same old for you. Lange is interesting because of his mediocre year after his great race last year (over which he talks as well).

Take Talansky as well, interesting to hear/see that he really seems to have love for Ironman racing and is ambitious.

Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the interviews could of been filmed in 2016. The questions of the Olympics v Kona to Jan. I'm sure he has asked that question now for 3 three years?

However, he has a love for the sport and is entertaining so always a pleasure to watch.
Last edited by: newManUK: Oct 13, 17 4:16
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob Cliff Notes? [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely some repetition from prior years. I have watched about half of them. Lionel gives a great interview....the best of the interviews I have watched.....really good, lighthearted, funny, self deprecating. I doubt he will see it, but I sent him a note letting him know how much I enjoyed his interview. I am probably a little biased, i am a Lionel fan.

I haven't watched Vesterby, but I am sure that one is good too....she is always so dang happy!!
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob Cliff Notes? [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xplombier wrote:
Michelle Vesterby. She seems like a really good laugh.

She is my new favorite

The Zabriskie is strong with her

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Babbitt but, as others have mentioned, same questions to the same people every year.

Must watch Cam Wurf though! That dude could carry an interview with a cardboard box.
Quote Reply