Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Heather Jackson position
Quote | Reply
I was just on tririgs website looking through pictures and it looks like she has reverted back to her old position. It had gotten so much better over this past year or so!!! I don't quite understand why she would go back.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her front end has equipment from Matt's 51 Speedshop. Maybe he can better answer such question(s).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I was just on tririgs website looking through pictures and it looks like she has reverted back to her old position. It had gotten so much better over this past year or so!!! I don't quite understand why she would go back.

From speaking to a few pros, I can say that some of them have opted to go back to old positions because their new positions just weren't sustainable or they couldn't run well of the bike and didn't have confidence. Not sure if that has anything to do with her specific position or not though.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that as strange as her mechanical drivetrain?
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some Pros going back to mechanical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know she was fitted by Jim Manton over a year ago and then Steinmetz recently. Her position from Mat looked really good. Looking at photos on instagram, the front end setup looks the same from tririg photos in kona compared to the fit photos with Mat. But her position looks different.... she looks higher in the front and has a more of rounded back compared to a flat back. I can't figure out why because the front end setup looks pretty much the same from what I can see.

I will say that her Cannondale does not fit her. She needs a long/low geometry frame.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that's exactly what I thought. Bike setup looks identical... the only thing that's different is that horrible Rudy Project helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly a woman - who has been pegged for a top 5 finish in Kona - desperately needs the advice of a bunch of age-groupers here.

Please, share your deep knowledge of her flexibility, structural issues, saddle sore issues, leg length discrepancies and the like which may contribute to her optimal cycling position for an event that requires her to run a marathon after a 112 mi TT.

Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
Clearly a woman - who has been pegged for a top 5 finish in Kona - desperately needs the advice of a bunch of age-groupers here.

Please, share your deep knowledge of her flexibility, structural issues, saddle sore issues, leg length discrepancies and the like which may contribute to her optimal cycling position for an event that requires her to run a marathon after a 112 mi TT.

So you don't think someone who finished over 25 minutes behind the winner last year has any room for improvement?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

When you see some pics of some of the pros and their positions, the answer is yes they often could listen to our advice.

Just because we the AG'ers have way less talent doesn't mean we don't know what we're doing.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Some Pros going back to mechanical.

Makes sense. It’s a lot easier to find a mechanical part in some of these race locations than a electronic one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

this is stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yea, the bike itself is a bad fit, and her posture is making everything look worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

Lighten up sweetheart we're just having a conversation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

Any Potts finished 4th in 2014 and top American several times, but he still rode Gatorskins on race day. An athlete's performance potential at Kona doesn't say much about whether they need or should take advice from age groupers on Slowtwitch.

The last time I saw Heather Jackson's race bike up close she had both Conti tires on backwards. But what do I know, I'm just an age grouper who mounts tires according to the arrows on the sidewall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she forgot to mark her seat post before travel, or replaced the saddle and didn't get it in the right place. I would guess that the changes Steinmetz is making/has made with her are +/- 1-3 mm changes. An athlete who can't appreciate those micro adjustments might very well undo any progress that is made with lack of attention to detail.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
yea, the bike itself is a bad fit, and her posture is making everything look worse.

Wait, are you saying all bike fitters are not perfect?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 9100 RD and a 9000 crank are not terrible ,but based on the 3rd pic on on tririg and this is a loose call her cranks are too long ,165mm is the shortess for Shimano.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's worse than a pro riding Gatorkins in Kona?
A pro riding Gatorskins in Kona .... backwards!!!

kileyay wrote:
M----n wrote:

Any Potts finished 4th in 2014 and top American several times, but he still rode Gatorskins on race day. An athlete's performance potential at Kona doesn't say much about whether they need or should take advice from age groupers on Slowtwitch.

The last time I saw Heather Jackson's race bike up close she had both Conti tires on backwards. But what do I know, I'm just an age grouper who mounts tires according to the arrows on the sidewall.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shimano e-tube has been around 7+ years, just as easy to deal with as mechanical.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's got a super long stem on there. I guess that's what happens when you have to ride a bike due to a sponsorship commitment rather than being able to choose your own. But I agree that she does not seem super focused picking fast gear.

Also I have a major problem with Herbalife. I was at a hotel for work once where they were having a conference and it was like being at a cult meeting. Super creepy and depressing. All these people thought they were going to be millionaires and we're ponying up all their money.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

No he's not. You are misunderstanding what he's saying.

She's sponsored by Cannondale so she has to ride that bike. I know for a fact that at least one fitter has told her the cannondale does not fit her. But the fitter has to do the best he can do with the equipment he's given.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

No he's not. You are misunderstanding what he's saying.

She's sponsored by Cannondale so she has to ride that bike. I know for a fact that at least one fitter has told her the cannondale does not fit her. But the fitter has to do the best he can do with the equipment he's given.

Fair, but I could not resist. If I say my sponsor made me do it do I get off? :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
shimano e-tube has been around 7+ years, just as easy to deal with as mechanical.

Easy to deal with sure, finding parts as easy mechanical in some of these random locations they could race is probably a lot harder.
Quote Reply

Prev Next