Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit)
Quote | Reply
TriRig has some photos up of Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice. The integrated Vision cockpit now has a tilt kit and it doesn't appear to be a one-off spacer. IMO, that makes the Super Slice a bit more compelling. I'm not a disc brake fan myself but I saw a Super Slice in person this past July and it was a very good looking bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can see that discs are the future, but cannot understand why the big manufacturers aren't doing more to integrate or fair the calipers. Scott is an exception with the Foil's fork, which is surely the way things should be going already. I believe Parlee have also done a lot to fair the disc calipers on their latest TT bike, but everyone else seems to be hesitating or just lazy.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Planned Obsolescence

Jorgan wrote:
I can see that discs are the future, but cannot understand why the big manufacturers aren't doing more to integrate or fair the calipers. Scott is an exception with the Foil's fork, which is surely the way things should be going already. I believe Parlee have also done a lot to fair the disc calipers on their latest TT bike, but everyone else seems to be hesitating or just lazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydraulic discs are the future, but that isn't what we a seeing on these TT bikes. (It is what is on the Foil and I think that is important)

Cable discs are a bodged attempted at hydro-discs that fail in one very important aspect. They need regular fiddling due to cable stretch and that requires good access to the callipers. I don't see anyone re-designing a cable actuated disc-calliper to improve adjustability because hydro-discs already exist. Therefore, I don't think many of the frame producers are going to great efforts to turn what they are marketing as an improvement into a major headache. The day we start seeing hydraulic disc's, like what is on the Foil, on TT bike is the day we will start seeing more integration.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I just don't know why the big hitters are so hesitant; Cervelo got the ball rolling with a pretty weak attempt, but we're 12 months on from that. I guess it won't be long now though, before they really start working on it, and they've shifted all those rim caliper frames :-)

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michelle's Super Slice bike is also fitted with zero2drag forearm/elbow pads. Heather Jackson is still riding the "current" Cannondale Slice bike with rim brakes and mechanical shifting.
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
TriRig has some photos up of Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice. The integrated Vision cockpit now has a tilt kit and it doesn't appear to be a one-off spacer. IMO, that makes the Super Slice a bit more compelling. I'm not a disc brake fan myself but I saw a Super Slice in person this past July and it was a very good looking bike.

agree, saw one a Pro Nats, looked pretty good in person.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

Seriously is this one of the best positions in triathlon, male or female that appears to be achievable for most people without any crazy contortions?

Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. She looks awesome.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dunno, she looks reach limited.

the adaptations required for getting used to that position for a 5hr hard ride (mainly the sacral tilt and resulting lower back stress) for a "regular" age grouper riding 6-8hrs a week would be a lot longer than someone who rides 12-15+ hr/week.

This picture is not from the best angle (wtf Nick!? jk), but it shows a person who is on one end of the spectrum morphologically but has a phenomenal bike position. The only super weird thing is how close he can setup his elbow pads and hold it for 4.5 hrs. Jan also has "better" hip rotation.

Linsey does the hip "roll" quite a bit better but, at least in this shot, she also appears very reach-limited.

Heather's slice and her bike fit do not look as good...sad.

Last edited by: jkhayc: Oct 11, 17 15:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now if only she could figure out how to get some better wheels and a better helmet...

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beyond that, her seat is absolutely too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does Michelle V. get the super slice and Heather Jackson get the Slice Black Inc from 2 years ago? Preference maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

Heather's slice and her bike fit do not look as good...sad.

Which is strange because Dan wrote an article on her position change in May which looked much better.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it would appear as though her posture is letting her down in that one single moment in kona pic. the bike *appears* to be the same fit-wise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you look at how the saddlebag is positioned. It would appear that she shifted the saddle forward. So that might have caused the change in her posture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that's how Linsey prefers to ride. She's using the low-near stem on the trek so there's def. more room for reach.

She also raced with a bontrager ballista and downtube bottles at IM Santa Cruz. So she def. has other priorities.
jkhayc wrote:

Linsey does the hip "roll" quite a bit better but, at least in this shot, she also appears very reach-limited.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Oct 12, 17 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Vesterby's Super Slice (Featuring a Tilt Kit) [GreenBoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenBoy wrote:
Why does Michelle V. get the super slice and Heather Jackson get the Slice Black Inc from 2 years ago? Preference maybe?

Maybe because Heather is shorter and rides a pre-production size (48cm?) that yet to have created a mold?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:

The brake manufacturers warn against shielding the calipers because of the risk of overheating. There are solutions in testing but taking a risk on going against the S&S protocol is a lawyer's dream in the case of a brake failure or even accident that could be attributed to fade from heat in the system.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply