Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have forgone the typical arm pad and have chosen to instead use an arm slab. ouch!

How much does that front hydration hold? Doesn't look like a lot.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The image on their website of the same model isn't nearly as clean on the front. It shows a brake cable hanging awkwardly around the front. Why the discrepancy? Is that an older version?
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that is an older model
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There seems to be a distinct move in the tribike industry, one being uber aero bikes, that can be difficult to prepare for travel so they have travel cases built specifically for them and then the other slightly less aero bike that are easy and quick to pack into a standard bike case.

Both options are great, but I like the fact that it appears the bike industry is looking at what the customers want and need rather than just what is the fastest for the pros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Storage looks nice. Ease of travel is a plus. Arm pads are designed to look cool, but would be a complete disaster.

Not sure if the frame isn't an open mold of some type. The head tube is shaped around the round shape of the bearings, which is an aero no-no on the most important part of the frame. A large seat tube gusset seems to be a key component of the faster Tri frames, which is missing. Not sure what the tube shapes are intended to accomplish. Me thinks they didn't spend much if any time on CFD or other design tricks, but the eyeball windtunnel is not infallible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is probably a dumb question, but the bento box on top just slopes down to the top tube...is this as aero as having the sides come together as a trailing edge (i.e. is it more aero to fill in the low pressure area behind the stem with a slope down from the top or from the sides)? Ive seen this on many different designs in the past couple years, and wondered if it was really aero or just an afterthought because one guy did it that way, and it was cheaper to copy it than test it.

Stephen J

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
Highly derivative design, but nicely executed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm very curious to see the system they use to disconnect the brake cables. IMO, this could potentially make traveling with a triathlon bike much, much easier.
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I'm very curious to see the system they use to disconnect the brake cables. IMO, this could potentially make traveling with a triathlon bike much, much easier.

I will try to get more pics from the brake coupler and someone from Airstreeem to pipe in here
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They could have mitigated that head tube with a lower hydration system; missed a trick there.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Storage looks nice. Ease of travel is a plus. Arm pads are designed to look cool, but would be a complete disaster.

Not sure if the frame isn't an open mold of some type. The head tube is shaped around the round shape of the bearings, which is an aero no-no on the most important part of the frame. A large seat tube gusset seems to be a key component of the faster Tri frames, which is missing. Not sure what the tube shapes are intended to accomplish. Me thinks they didn't spend much if any time on CFD or other design tricks, but the eyeball windtunnel is not infallible.

First bump, the rider is going down with an arm slipping off these pads. Definitely an eye-candy idea, but non-sensible!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

First bump, the rider is going down with an arm slipping off these pads. Definitely an eye-candy idea, but non-sensible!

The actual pads may not be on. I am not there, but had spies send me pictures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a pic of the brake cable disconnect. Very good idea IMO though I would have placed the stop ahead of the steerer to give the cables a bit more room to bend when the handlebar is turned.

Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any details on how the female side of those couplers attach to the bar cables ends? They looked swagged at first glance, but then how can they feed through the brake levers and cable housing. They don't look beefy enough to have a clamp or set screw arrangement.
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the exact same thoughts. I have no idea. Perhaps someone from the company can chime in. That said, it looks like the couplers made by Richey would fit in there so, couplers aside, it's definitely a workable idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

The ones at the expo in Kona have no padding and are covered in grip tape. They don’t look very comfortable for 112 miles. I’m sure you must be able to get them with pads.
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Ed,
we wanted to offer a special massage function on our bike (;)
No joke: The mold for the armpad is just opening. Please note you also can install any other brand armpads or extension on our system because it is very important for us that the rider fells very comportable on his Airstreeem bike.
Best wishes from Kona,
Mahalo !
Stefan Probst (PM Airstreeem)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Herbert,
check our website. There you can find the special info about the linkage for transportation of the bike.http://www.airstreeem.com/...nische-innovationen/
You can find a video too.

We also spent a lot of time with CFD and testing together with KTM TECHNOLOGY and KISKA in Salzburg. If you google both companies I think you know to which technology Airstreeem has access.
I fell suprised that so many people inside this forum write that we use open molds etc. Please note everything is designed by my team and me and we are not using any open molds.
I wish you a nice day and send you best wishes from KONA in Hawaii
BR Stefan Probst
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mike,
please do not worry. You can use any other brand armpads to make your Airstreeem comfortable.
100 % of the bike is designed by me and my team. We are not using any open mold.
I send you my best wishes directly from kona
Br
Stefan Probst (PM)
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

What stands out to me is how much that hydration system looks like the old visiontech system circa 2007 ... that iirc, was banned for running afoul of the rules of the day?
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [Airstreeem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the price?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
George R R R R Martin appreciates the imitation...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't even see any retailers
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem Super TT Plus bike unveiled in Kona [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

What stands out to me is how much that hydration system looks like the old visiontech system circa 2007 ... that iirc, was banned for running afoul of the rules of the day?

There are some interesting pics on the website with pre-race pics of Michi Herlbauer riding a super low set-up.

https://www.triaguide.com/ironman-hawaii-die-besten-pre-race-bilder/#jp-carousel-22767

Wonder how that is achieved? Custom?
Quote Reply

Prev Next