Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Non IM branded (independent) 140.6 east of Mississippi?
Quote | Reply
Anything left other than great Floridian?
Last edited by: msaad7: Oct 9, 17 17:35
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what distance is that?
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ignoring the mistake in the number...
a couple HITS races in Florida, Peasantman in New York, Esprit in Montreal
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 140.6 east of Mississippi? [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michigan Titanium
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 140.6 east of Mississippi? [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://usaultratri.com ... doubles and triples but you can run a single 140.6
Best racing environment and experience I have ever had ... hands down.
For me it was the way racing should have always been.
Last edited by: vvsamiamvv: Oct 9, 17 18:29
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [onethinmint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onethinmint wrote:
Ignoring the mistake in the number...
a couple HITS races in Florida, Peasantman in New York, Esprit in Montreal

The "Peasantman" organizers are kinda sorta skating on thin ice to have an iron length with "peasant" in the name. The guys with $10K bikes might not feel too cool saying they just did the "Peasantman". :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peasantman looks great but only ~25 participants in the full?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [onethinmint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onethinmint wrote:
Esprit in Montreal

No longer a full available...just a half and Olympic.

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:

On the bright side, you might finish top 10 OA and for sure you're guaranteed to be in the top 25 OA. You might have the fastest split in one of the segments too. Lots of positives in smaller races. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, there's Canadaman as well. Superb organisation this year, but an extreme triathlon, obviously...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
Probably more than HITS.
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
...Lots of positives in smaller races. :)

Yeah...like $395 for the full...that alone has got me thinking!!! Not to mention, the Finger Lakes area is beautiful.
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [smartyiak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think that's a steal, Great Floridian was like $200 early bird pricing and is an awesome smaller race you may wanna look into!
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [smartyiak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smartyiak wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

Yeah...like $395 for the full...that alone has got me thinking!!! Not to mention, the Finger Lakes area is beautiful.

I signed up early for Peasantman 2018 and only paid $296! Same weekend as IMMT for half the cost and half the travel!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
msaad7 wrote:
If you think that's a steal, Great Floridian was like $200 early bird pricing and is an awesome smaller race you may wanna look into!

But then I'd have to go to Florida ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smartyiak wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

How far are you from Florida??? At $200 for the GFT, you're saving $195 which at $2.50/gal would buy 78 gal of gas. Assuming 30 mpg, that is 2340 miles. Personally, I'd rather race and then vacation in FL than in upstate NY, but then that's just me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
smartyiak wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

How far are you from Florida??? At $200 for the GFT, you're saving $195 which at $2.50/gal would buy 78 gal of gas. Assuming 30 mpg, that is 2340 miles. Personally, I'd rather race and then vacation in FL than in upstate NY, but then that's just me.

I'd 1000x rather go to the Finger Lake area than anywhere in Florida. Different strokes, as they say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep hearing about Peasantman, has anyone done the full and have thought? I have done a few small fulls doesn't worry me about size just curious on course and overall feel of this race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smartyiak wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
smartyiak wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

I'd 1000x rather go to the Finger Lake area than anywhere in Florida. Different strokes, as they say.

OK, well, ya, there you have it: diff strokes. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you searched trifind.com? The filtering is not great, but they do seem to have very good coverage and inclusion of events.

I used to have a signature...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michigan Titanium, although I'm a bit biased as I know some of the people who put it on and it's in my hometown. Grand Rapids is a pretty fun place to visit. Decent museums, stuff for kids to do, and it's one of the better beer towns in the US.

I'm interested in Rev 3 Williamsburg. Again, looks like a cool place to visit and D.C. Is nearby.

Barrelman, although I guess that's technically Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: Non IM branded (independent) 104.6 east of Mississippi? [iron07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done it twice-2013 and 2016. The lake is very clean, the bike is 4 loops and the run 4 x on an out and back. The bike can get lonely but it is pretty scenic. In 2016 once the half distance folks were off the bike course it was a ghost town. I will do it again when my schedule allows, I enjoyed the bike course, even in 5 hours of rain in 2016.
Quote Reply