Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
List all the good Trump news here
Quote | Reply
They couldn't do it. Though it was fun while they tried.

http://mashable.com/...olbert/#IsbL6ENMO5q3

So here is the challenge. List all the positive things you can about Trump's presidency. Backhanded compliments encouraged. But negative news has no place here

If you are conservative I suppose you like his SCOTUS nomination and you may or may not like his other judicial appointments.

The only thing I really have is something that I usually say the president has no influence over. But I think the stock market right now is reacting to the anticipated tax cuts and regulatory rollbacks Trump has promised. So he gets a positive mark for that. And since I can't say anything negative I will not comment on the tax cuts and regulatory rollbacks.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We learned new words such as bigly and cofveve :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump is an inspiration to narcissists and psychopaths everywhere.

Sure Trump is just one of many criminally insane world leaders.
But Trump is the first to publicly announce his s insanity from the outset.

Trump is proof that openly narcissistic individuals can rise to the highest ranks of society.
(And can do so without even having to murder large numbers of people).

He is an inspiration to narcissists everywhere.

No longer should narcissists and psychopaths need to conceal their deluded fantasies from society and the world!

No longer should narcissists have to feign respect for the rights of "others,"
the rule of law, democracy, fair play, honesty, integrity.

Trump has proven that the external world is entirely "fake."
Even nature itself is "fake" when it disagrees with ones personal desires.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Oct 10, 17 11:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The economy is doing well. To most people that's THE issue that counts.

Trump has the guts to take on N. Korea and Iran.

Also, Hillary didn't get elected.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the concept of eliminating two regulations for every new one. Dunno if it's actually being followed or how effective.
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
I like the concept of eliminating two regulations for every new one. Dunno if it's actually being followed or how effective.

Trump did that and so much more.

Trump has eliminated the need for "reality" to have any relationships whatsoever with the things he says and does.
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

I am serious.

I realize the tremendous significance that having the first openly Narcissist president has for the entire Criminally Insane American community.

You must be very proud!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SC nomination is the obvious, not sure why you'd couch it with 'I suppose you like his SC nomination' but that just reveals your bias because it was universally praised by conservatives.

Rolling back regulatory burden is the second obvious answer, both by EO and cabinet appointments/direction of federal agencies they're chipping away at many regulations passed during Obama's presidency.

Fighting for ACA repeal, even if he's a dumbass and Congress is full of snake oil salesmen he's at least trying to repeal the ACA.

Taking a hard stance on treaties and foreign relations, from NAFTA to the UN to Iran to N. Korea to China, he's been embarrassing in many respects with his tweeting and some public statements but his hardline approach has led to some foreign relations gains imo.

Reducing regulatory burden, business-friendly economy, conservative SC, hard-line approach to foreign relations...I don't support this president at all, I think he's a buffoon and an embarrassment to the office and has done irreperable harm to the role and expectations of a President and has created a far more divisive country than we had even a year ago this time, but on some big-ticket items he's done what I'd want to see done.
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

The economy is doing well. To most people that's THE issue that counts.

Well that's a neutral. The economy would be the same with or without Trump.

Trump has the guts to take on N. Korea and Iran.

By calling the guy "rocket man" and threatening a nuclear attack as well as calling Iran " really bad deal, the worst deal ever" a zillion times. That takes a lack of brains more so than an excess of guts.

Also, Hillary didn't get elected.

Love her or hate her, but at least you would have had an adult in the W.H.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
orphious wrote:

I am serious.

I realize the tremendous significance that having the first openly Narcissist president has for the entire Criminally Insane American community.

And you are deranged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He completely exposed the republican establishment for what it is.
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
orphious wrote:

I am serious.

And you are deranged.

You are not very clever.

But I admit I am a bit of a bigot.

I am OK with Afroamericans, women, gays, transvestites, manic depressives and most other mentally ill.

But Narcissist Americans and Psychopath Americans make me a little nervous.

(Obviously, I am a little old fashioned in this sentiment. It might be due to some negative interactions that I have had with the criminally insane in the past. But I recognize not all Psychopaths and Narcissists are the same).

And I do recognize the momentous importantance of the moment for the entire Criminally Insane American community.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
orphious wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
orphious wrote:

I am serious.

And you are deranged.

You are not very clever.

But I admit I am a bit of a bigot.

I am OK with Afroamericans, women, gays, transvestites, manic depressives and most other mentally ill.

But Narcissist Americans and Psychopath Americans make me a little nervous.

(Obviously, I am a little old fashioned in this sentiment. It might be due to some negative interactions that I have had with the criminally insane in the past. But I recognize not all Psychopaths and Narcissists are the same).

And I do recognize the momentous importantance of the moment for the entire Criminally Insane American community.

You are deranged

Last edited by: orphious: Oct 10, 17 11:45
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SCOTUS pick is an odd thing. No precedent for blocking Obama's pick. Yes no president had a pick confirmed in the last year since whenever. But the opportunity it had not come up, so not very convincing. I'm also not sure what gathered wide support other than his position on abortion.

Until Gorsuch starts making decisions it is hard to know for sure where he lands. Roberts was a decisive vote on the ACA for instance. I think for the vast majority of justices they take their position as serious as it can be. Their rhetoric won't always match their decisions. So time will tell. But I doubt he becomes a Warren style justice.

I don't think a well thought out reform of regulations would be a bad thing. Just as intelligent tax reform would be good. It is sad we both know neither of those are ever going to happen.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amstel wrote:
He completely exposed the republican establishment for what it is.

We have a winner.
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

His election and his continuing support provide a sobering reality check.
Last edited by: kybadger: Oct 10, 17 11:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always lead with a positive - I'm in general agreement with you on everything except for....

I think you are giving him way too much credit on ACA. Telling congress to figure it out while you play golf isn't a very good example of "fighting". He hasn't done anything of significance to seriously affect ACA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
SC nomination is the obvious, not sure why you'd couch it with 'I suppose you like his SC nomination' but that just reveals your bias because it was universally praised by conservatives.

I'm fascinated with how conservatives are just fine with the way Gorsuch was nominated. A president was elected in 2012 on the understanding that he would nominate the Supreme Court justices for the next four years. A justice dies in the fourth year, and McConnell says "Let's let the people decide." Apparently, not the people who did, in fact, legally make that decision three years earlier. Then the election happens, and the people decide - 3 million more wanted a Democrat. But that still doesn't square with what McConnell was hoping for, so what he really meant was, "Let the electoral college for the next election decide." Add to that the whole nuclear option and I really think you have to give McConnell all the credit for Gorsuch. Something tells me if HIllary were elected, McConnell would have still found a way to get a conservative judge on the bench by bending some more rules. Trump was just a Johnny-come-lately to a party that was already over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:

As I read that sentence I felt for sure you would use the words "both sides" or perhaps "independents" but you went with "conservatives."

That made me laugh. Good one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry. Should have said something positive.

Um, he has made every other president look really stately, introspective, and intelligent.
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
We learned new words such as bigly and cofveve :D

and the phrase "prime the pump"
Quote Reply
Re: List all the good Trump news here [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orphious- I apologize for my insensitivity.

Are- "Criminally Insane American", "Narcissist American" or "Psychopath
American" ......are those not political correct terms?

You seem to be an Angry Moron American!

I don't mean to be a bigot.
It is just that no-one has told us how to refer to people.

How should we refer to Trump and his followers?
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Oct 10, 17 12:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are deranged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He hasn't started a nuclear war (yet).

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply

Prev Next