Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Last Jedi full trailer
Quote | Reply
 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPaRi-3Dxrw

I'm pretty excited. Warning - this trailer verges on having spoilers in, more so than most.
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spoiler Alert:

Mark Hamill actually talks in this one.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the same trailer as MNF ?

What spoilers , toward the end with the tie fighter ? I was thinking that was misdirection.

I nerded out and got tickets last night for 12/16. Would've done opening night but it's my sons birthday so got Saturday matinee.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see any spoilers.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Casting Marilyn Manson as Kylo Ren was a mistake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also nerded out and got tickets last night for 12/15.

Was sooooo very close to doing the 12/14 double feature (Force Awakens & Last Jedi) but the kids have school the next day.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPaRi-3Dxrw

I'm pretty excited. Warning - this trailer verges on having spoilers in, more so than most.

Star Wars and The Last Starfighter are practically part of the same house party.
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

Was sooooo very close to doing the 12/14 double feature (Force Awakens & Last Jedi) but the kids have school the next day.

You may have to think about reassessing your priorities...
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Roy wrote:
mck414 wrote:

You may have to think about reassessing your priorities...

My son was all for it, Mom and daughter, not so much. But to my son's credit, when we discussed whether or not to see it in digital or 3D, we said, "If it's good enough to see a 2nd time, we'll see it in 3D."

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [gotsand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotsand wrote:

I thought it was Kevin's friend Paul from "The Wonder Years"?
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
gotsand wrote:

I thought it was Kevin's friend Paul from "The Wonder Years"?

A young Snape in Harry Potter
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like Star Wars is getting by on it's nostalgia rather than the quality of the movies. The Force Awakens felt more like a remake. The best idea they could come up with was a small rebel group who needed to blow up another Death Star? You can pretty much swap out Darth Vader for Kylo Ren and Luke Skywalker for Rey. The rebels sneak into the enemy base and the bad guy kills someone he used to care about but instead of Darth Vader killing Obi wan Kylo Ren kills his Dad. A young Jedi goes to a deserted planet to train with a Jedi master in hiding, but this time it's Rey instead of Luke. I wonder when she'll find out that Kylo Ren is her father. I'd much rather see a fresh story in the same universe.
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [wild hare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too. Did that guy die?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I feel like Star Wars is getting by on it's nostalgia rather than the quality of the movies. The Force Awakens felt more like a remake. The best idea they could come up with was a small rebel group who needed to blow up another Death Star? You can pretty much swap out Darth Vader for Kylo Ren and Luke Skywalker for Rey. The rebels sneak into the enemy base and the bad guy kills someone he used to care about but instead of Darth Vader killing Obi wan Kylo Ren kills his Dad. A young Jedi goes to a deserted planet to train with a Jedi master in hiding, but this time it's Rey instead of Luke. I wonder when she'll find out that Kylo Ren is her father. I'd much rather see a fresh story in the same universe.

I said the same thing to my wife after watching it for the first time.. it was almost like they followed a "New Hope template", just plugging in new characters/locations etc.

Even the Rogue One movie seemed like it was following a similar formula to previous episodes.
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Me too. Did that guy die?

Yep, last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Perseus wrote:

I said the same thing to my wife after watching it for the first time.. it was almost like they followed a "New Hope template", just plugging in new characters/locations etc.

Even the Rogue One movie seemed like it was following a similar formula to previous episodes.
From the studios perspective I'm sure they think why try to come up with something original that might not be received well when rehashing old stories with new packaging makes a bajillion dollars? With that said, I can't wait to see how the porgs crush the first order troopers in battle on the forest moon of.... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [Ijustrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ijustrun wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Perseus wrote:

From the studios perspective I'm sure they think why try to come up with something original that might not be received well when rehashing old stories with new packaging makes a bajillion dollars? With that said, I can't wait to see how the porgs crush the first order troopers in battle on the forest moon of.... ;-)

Maybe the Porgs will get their own TV show..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Ijustrun wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Maybe the Porgs will get their own TV show..
Could it be? Is it too much to hope for? Is there a chance we could be blessed with... A Star Wars Holiday Special?!?!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Last Jedi full trailer [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

Even with The Force Awakens being an unabashed remake/reboot of A New Hope, it was so much better than Lucas' horrific prequels. I can watch Force Awakens, feels a lot like an old t-shirt. A little worn, but comfy. The prequels are like having food poisoning.

-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Oct 10, 17 12:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Even with The Force Awakens being an unabashed remake/reboot of A New Hope, it was so much better than Lucas' horrific prequels. I can watch Force Awakens, feels a lot like an old t-shirt. A little worn, but comfy. The prequels are like having food poisoning.

The prequels are almost unwatchable. I did like the light saber fight between Anakin and Obiwan and they screwed that up at the end.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some theories of mine:
  • Kylo doesn't kill his mom. He can't pull the trigger but The First Order finishes her off anyways and that sets Kylo on the path back to the Light.
  • We find out that Snoke is an ancient force being who has to absorb the life force of Jedi in order to continue living. Perhaps he's Emperor Vitiate from Knights of the Old Republic. That would be a great tie-in for Lucasfilm to expand the Star Wars Cinematic Universe.
  • Maybe Kylo ends up killing Snoke and together with Rey they have to face down Luke in Episode IX.

I'm so excited....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Agree with you about Force Awakens but I thought Rogue One was pretty well done. Had a slightly edgier feel than the regular Star Wars episodes.
Quote Reply