Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson
Quote | Reply

President Trump in a new interview offered to compare IQ tests with Rex Tillerson after reports that the secretary of State had called him a "moron."

"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump told Forbes in an interview published Tuesday.

"And I can tell you who is going to win."

http://thehill.com/...n-after-moron-report
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ladies and gentlemen, the president.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe Trump could release his tax returns at the same time and prove he is more generous too. As well there are plenty of folks with high IQ who are morons

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
As well there are plenty of folks with high IQ who are morons

Guilty as charged.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do I have a persistent nagging feeling that Trump is either lying outright about his IQ, or is relying on a number from a test in which he cheated?

Edit: Am I reading this right?

https://twitter.com/...s/676174398253068289

This is Trump, a long time pre-election, "boasting" that his IQ is 132.

Whilst a lot higher than I'd estimate it to be, that's nothing to boast about.
Last edited by: Greg66: Oct 10, 17 6:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And here I thought we might hear something about the Iran nuclear deal, the threats from North Korea, the recovery in Puerto Rico or details on tax reform.

But, seeing who has the higher I.Q between Trump and Tillerson is important too...
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:

Perhaps he thought it was scored out of 100.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At some point I hope that Tillerson, Mattis, Kelly, and the other sane people in the admin have accepted that they are doing this for the good of the country.

These are very accomplished people. They do not need the income from this job. Why they continue to put up with this BS is interesting.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Why do I have a persistent nagging feeling that Trump is either lying outright about his IQ, or is relying on a number from a test in which he cheated?

An even more likely explanation is that some sycophant lackey set up an IQ test for Donnie and made sure the result he go was "genius". Donnie is obsessed with his image to the point were he apparently gets a daily dossier with clippings of positive news stories and media photos of him looking 'powerful'.
He's the type of egotistical, vindictive and unrestrained person to whom you don't deliver the news that he has a 107 IQ. You tell him he's got a 169 IQ and that GQ was going to make him the "Sexiest Man of the Year" until Hillary rigged the voting so that some Hollywood liberal type won it.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weirdly though not surprisingly Tillerson has been one of the better surprises of DJT's tenure

Nor surprising because he is a bloke that has worked his way to the very top of a huge business and broadly speaking dont get to do that if you are an idiot

Weird because he seemed quite a random pick for DJT - not sure the government was going to be big enough for both of them, i'd also guess RT does not suffer fools

Anyway, we know DJT will be smarter because he told us
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Perhaps he thought it was scored out of 100.

Whilst a high IQ is not the only requisite for a good presidency - other requisites include self control, integrity, strategic thought, focus, self-accountability, respect for others, and charisma. Except for the last one, he lacks all these.

But even if he is a 132 IQ - that only 98% percentile. That would make him one of, if not the, least intelligent President in US history.
That means there are approximately 6,500,000 Americans that are more intelligent than him. Pretty much every decent sized high school has a dozen kids and teachers who are brighter than him. Heck, about 500,000 illegal / undocumented immigrants in the USA are more intelligent.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
And here I thought we might hear something about the Iran nuclear deal, the threats from North Korea, the recovery in Puerto Rico or details on tax reform.

But, seeing who has the higher I.Q between Trump and Tillerson is important too...

What I don't understand is how Trump undermines himself. Tillerson works for Trump. It's Trump's job to tell his employee, "Take approach X on North Korea." And if he doesn't take that approach, then either fix it in private, or get a new employee. Trump makes it sound like he has little to no influence or authority over his employee.

With respect to intelligence in general, which, is, of course, a sideshow, Trump used to sound intelligent and articulate. At least "average." Now he just repeats a small set of catch-phrases and sentences over and over, and wanders from topic to topic, showing little attention span. I don't know if that's an affectation or he's actually changed. But it's weird, and a little scary.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He never sounded intelligent.

FYI - for the ball washers. That does not mean he is not intelligent, he just never sounded it.

Equally of course it may be he is exactly what he appears to be.

I would honestly be less worried about attempting to determine his intelligence than understandinf if the randomness is a strategy or more indicitive of a cognitive impairment problem
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Heck, about 500,000 illegal / undocumented immigrants in the USA are more intelligent.

This sounds like the beginning of a beautiful tweet storm.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would make him one of, if not the, least intelligent President in US history.

If he has an IQ score of 132, I seriously doubt that would make him one of the least intelligent presidents in history. I don't especially trust these kinds of estimates, but:

https://www.usnews.com/...s-in-the-oval-office

If he has an IQ score of 132, though, the question is why he's such a moron.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he has an IQ score of 132, though, the question is why he's such a moron.

The other question being why do we put any emphasis on IQ scores...

Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure they have their place, but yeah.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
What I don't understand is how Trump undermines himself. Tillerson works for Trump. It's Trump's job to tell his employee, "Take approach X on North Korea." And if he doesn't take that approach, then either fix it in private, or get a new employee. Trump makes it sound like he has little to no influence or authority over his employee.

I'd like to think it's part of a good cop / bad cop routine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Trump used to sound intelligent and articulate. At least "average." Now he just repeats a small set of catch-phrases and sentences over and over, and wanders from topic to topic, showing little attention span."

He has a very limited vocabulary but at one time was far more articulate. A number of people who study this stuff have wondered about his brain health.

https://www.statnews.com/...ng-style-interviews/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:

Even worse is his argument: I have a high IQ, therefore my voters must as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is smarter? Trump vs Tillerson [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I keep hoping.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:

President Trump in a new interview offered to compare IQ tests with Rex Tillerson after reports that the secretary of State had called him a "moron."

"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump told Forbes in an interview published Tuesday.

"And I can tell you who is going to win."

http://thehill.com/...n-after-moron-report

To be fair, Trump did not say HE would win. He just knows who would.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next