Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence?
Quote | Reply
It appears as if VP Pence attended the Colts/49ers game, with the knowledge (possibly the intention) that he would be walking out to express his dissatisfaction with NFL players kneeling during the anthem. Based on reporting, it seems as if President Trump asked him to leave if any players kneeled, and the press corps that attended with the VP was asked to remain outside, because there might be an early departure.

Knowing that it was almost a 100% surety that some players would take a knee, it sure seems like this was an orchestrated stunt.

Aside from the cost associated with moving the VP around to a major public event like this, and however you view the protests themselves, it sure seems like this was a petty move and a lost opportunity. Instead of saying that he wouldn't dignify an event that disrespects our "soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," he could have brought attention to the vast majority who chose to stand for the anthem. If there are 100 people at an event, and 95 of them stand for the anthem, I'm not sure why those 5 people who knelt are somehow considered to have ruined the event. He missed a chance to show leadership, make a statement about the true importance of the anthem, the flag, and what they symbolize, and to pull attention in a positive direction.

Oh, and if I were the VP's staff, I'd advise him to capitalize "Soldiers," especially if he's going to nonsensically capitalize the words "flag" and "anthem."

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is a gigantic snowflake. The dude can't even sit down for dinner with a female without his mom...wife present. Religious fanatics can go fuck themselves.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
He is a gigantic snowflake. The dude can't even sit down for dinner with a female without his mom...wife present. Religious fanatics can go fuck themselves.

Criticize him for whatever you want, but I think that's a good policy to avoid sexual harassment claims
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's nice we can pay attention to stupid shit like this instead of healthcare, hurricanes, gun legislation, N. Korea, or the actual social problems that these protests are about.
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:

Amen!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
I think it's nice we can pay attention to stupid shit like this instead of healthcare, hurricanes, gun legislation, N. Korea, or the actual social problems that these protests are about.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Never mind that it cost him an estimated $250k of taxpayers' money to fly to the game from the west coast and immediately back to the west coast. He got his publicity stunt and offered more distraction from real issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a pile of horse shit.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump continues to act like a petulant child.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's an awareness campaign. I thought everyone loved awareness campaigns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved it. We can't solve poverty, or end wars, or stop gun violence but this protest by Pence is going to work wonders to unite our nation. C'mon, don't you feel the love? Kumbaya .....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

Criticize him for whatever you want, but I think that's a good policy to avoid sexual harassment claims

Womens are scary. He also won't drink alcohol unless his wife is present because you never know. Strange that he flies in airplanes given that they rely on physics and they sometimes crash.
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

Womens are scary. He also won't drink alcohol unless his wife is present because you never know. Strange that he flies in airplanes given that they rely on physics and they sometimes crash.
If only there was a way to make sure he's not involved in any homosexual exploits. Wait! I've got it. No more one on one meetings with men unless his wife is present.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly orchestrated and his suporters will eat it up.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

I would feel guilty if I didn't use this setup.

Another good policy would be to not grab them by the pussy.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we need to move to more important issues like banning violent video games and censoring rock lyrics. Otherwise those things will become too popular.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I would be far more inclined to support Pence's position of treating women with respect if he wasn't such a strong supporter of a man who has done the complete opposite.
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nevertheless, it's still a good idea to support treating women with respect.
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:

Refusing to be alone with them is the opposite of respect.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I would be far more inclined to support Pence's position of treating women with respect if he wasn't such a strong supporter of a man who has done the complete opposite.

Pence is a Bill Clinton supporter?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C'mon - you know damn good and well that Bill was singing the national anthem and she was just protesting...
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:

Refusing to be alone with them is the opposite of respect.

And very weird.

People who are like this should be watched closely.

They got some weird pent up shit in their closets.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
It appears as if VP Pence attended the Colts/49ers game, with the knowledge (possibly the intention) that he would be walking out to express his dissatisfaction with NFL players kneeling during the anthem. Based on reporting, it seems as if President Trump asked him to leave if any players kneeled, and the press corps that attended with the VP was asked to remain outside, because there might be an early departure.

Knowing that it was almost a 100% surety that some players would take a knee, it sure seems like this was an orchestrated stunt.

Aside from the cost associated with moving the VP around to a major public event like this, and however you view the protests themselves, it sure seems like this was a petty move and a lost opportunity. Instead of saying that he wouldn't dignify an event that disrespects our "soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," he could have brought attention to the vast majority who chose to stand for the anthem. If there are 100 people at an event, and 95 of them stand for the anthem, I'm not sure why those 5 people who knelt are somehow considered to have ruined the event. He missed a chance to show leadership, make a statement about the true importance of the anthem, the flag, and what they symbolize, and to pull attention in a positive direction.

Oh, and if I were the VP's staff, I'd advise him to capitalize "Soldiers," especially if he's going to nonsensically capitalize the words "flag" and "anthem."

The reporting said he went to see Manning's Jersey retirement. He may have thought they might disrespect the flag, but he did not know for sure.

Its kind of like when I go to church each week. I know our new pastor will disrespect the pulpit and lecture us on her political views, but I still show up at church. Some weeks I get to stay the whole service. Other times I leave when she goes political. I am sure I am not the only one who is displeased by her behavior, but others sit their quietly giving tacit approval of her craziness. Walking out is certainly a good response.
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

Do you practice being an idiot, or does it come naturally to you?
Quote Reply
Re: Orchestrated walk-out - VP Pence? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
schroeder wrote:
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

If only there was a way to make sure he's not involved in any homosexual exploits. Wait! I've got it. No more one on one meetings with men unless his wife is present.

A poor attempt, but at least it doesn't come across as practiced idiocy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I have friends that approach aspects of life differently than me, that doesn't mean the entire relationship is invalidated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next