Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dash saddle...Is it worth the price
Quote | Reply
Would love an opinion on the stock Dash saddles. I have tried the Adamo's and a Specialized Power saddle... currently riding a Sitero and it is okay.

My question is will I be able to achieve much more hip rotation with the Dash? It sure looks like it from the natural shape of the saddle. Any insight you could offer will either help or further confuse me :-)

Thanks in advance!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddle...Is it worth the price [scyharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scyharris wrote:
Would love an opinion on the stock Dash saddles. I have tried the Adamo's and a Specialized Power saddle... currently riding a Sitero and it is okay.

My question is will I be able to achieve much more hip rotation with the Dash? It sure looks like it from the natural shape of the saddle. Any insight you could offer will either help or further confuse me :-)

Thanks in advance!!

No comment on the Dash but have you thought at all about the JOF 55? Fwiw, I see Frodeno is now riding a JOF 55. I'm loving the JOF 55 too and I had no reason to switch from the Max other than not being familiar with the product as a long time Cobb athlete and wanting to be able to talk about it. I never looked back since putting it on there.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I came from an ISM Adamo Breakaway.
It was ok, but never great.
Now have a Dash Stage 9 and it is perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddle...Is it worth the price [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
yes
x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll say yes, but it took me several months to fine tune the position of the saddle and to adjust to having less padding. In the end (2+ years on one now) it's been one of my best choices on the bike. Don't give up if at first it's a bit uncomfortable.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they fit you they can be fantastic. A bit tough to dial in position. I use the narrow model on two bikes and am very happy.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddle...Is it worth the price [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the info and insight!! Looks like I’ll be tracking down a Dash and maybe a JOF.... Does Dash have a “trial service” where you can return if it doesn’t work?? Thought I read somewhere that they did, or was that when the saddles first came out?? Again, super appreciate the reviews and opinions.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddle...Is it worth the price [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't make it 10 minutes on the joff 55. So much pressure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They did for me, but that was 4 years ago so you'll need to check if they still offer it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dash saddle "made my position". Wouldn't even try another and I've had many adamo and jof. They just look so clean and minimal too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Dash Strike. Took about 2x as long to adjust to it due to the lack of padding. Also, I found that tilt adjustments should be done in almost undetectable amounts...probably due to the firm padding. When I bought mine there was no trial program of old. You paid full price and if for some reason you didn't want to keep the saddle you could return it for the purchase price minus what the old trial program cost....I think that's how it was explained. Don't hold me to that.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddle...Is it worth the price [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I couldn't make it 10 minutes on the joff 55. So much pressure.

If you remember, how did you have it setup and in comparison to your prior saddles. No saddle is going to work for everyone that is for sure.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with all the comments made todate. I prefer my dash over a sitaero and a adamo prologue. However, I would say its probably true that if you spend enough time dialing the position with any of these saddles they will all probably do the job
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe. Personally I wanted the Dash to work. I tried several of their styles but they just didn’t—too narrow for me. Did I think they were nice looking and well-built? Yes. But, Couldnt get comforters. Of course, I’m now on the specialized saddles below that didn’t work well for you and they are magical for me so perhaps the Dash will work well for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Referencing both two saddles that have been mentioned in this thread. In MY experience, they are "similar" but not enough to be interchangeable.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...The_Front._6365.html

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...My_Saddle._6364.html

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddle...Is it worth the price [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not that the specialized saddles did not work for me, it is just the search for a saddle that allows me to better rotate my hips forward and produce more power...the Sitero has by far been the best up to this point, but searching for better. Thanks again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes. best 400+ bucks i have ever put into my bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just my 2cents...

Just because someone rides a saddles (a pro for example) dosnt mean its the right sadddle for you.
I recently took a dark trip down this route and spent more than necessary to realise the best saddle is the one that conforms to me.

I've been between the for-mentioned Dash, Prologo and Itallie ....and I know what feels right now.
Previously, i'd been niave, and went with the 'pros'. Wish i just tested each of the above.

Simple message......your body is different. Test , before you buy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worth every cent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, a.b.s.o.l.u.t.el.y awesome!!!

Oh wait, sorry...thought you meant something else....no idea if you should get one...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a stock Stage saddle on the TT bike and a Specialized S-works Power on the road bike. I agree with other comments that it took a bit to get the position set right, but I'm now finding it comfortable and have no plans to change it. I'm 6'2" and 180lbs and got the standard width option.

All other things being equal, the Dash is also half the weight of the Cobb JOF 55.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scyharris wrote:

Thanks in advance!!

I am riding a Sitero now and I am ok with it (seem to be in a good position and don't get sores), but i love the look of the dash and i could get a water bottle in better position with it. I tried one a friends bike, it was there base model (lowest cost one) it felt much wider at the nose then the sitero and I have wondered if they are all that wide, if so it won't work for me.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Does Dash have a “trial service” where you can return if it doesn’t work?? Thought I read somewhere that they did, or was that when the saddles first came out??

I bought one earlier this year and they allowed me to demo a saddle for $50. If I purchased one after that (which I did) they took it out of the cost of the saddle. They were very easy to work with and very responsive to questions.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash saddle...Is it worth the price [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dash has different widths available for each saddle. Narrow, normal, and wide.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next