Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein
Quote | Reply
Harvey Weinstein is a power player among power players in Hollywood, and has been for a couple decades now. The list of films Harvey and his brother Bob are responsible for getting to the silver screen include Pulp Fiction; Sex, Lies and Videotape; The Crying Game; Clerks, and the Oscar-winning (Best Picture) Shakespeare in Love.

Perhaps a new movie, however -- maybe one entitled "Harvey Grabs 'Em By The P*ssy" -- will result from reports hitting the wires today that the Tinseltown mogul has been a serial sexual harasser and sex predator for years now, and has settled numerous such claims made against him in the past -- stretching back more than 20 years -- by female employees, actresses and acquaintances.

The list of women who've had the misfortune to be groomed and groped by Weinstein apparently includes Rose "Jawbreaker" McGowan -- who reportedly settled with him for $100,000 a number of years ago in an out-of-court settlement. One of the new allegations relates to a 2015 complaint by Ashley Judd, who said that a "major studio exec" had made "grooming" attempts on her and then asked her if she would watch him shower.

If true -- and the pile of allegations and evidence against Mr. Miramax seems quite large -- the Weinstein case would add to the sad, sordid and sorry history of Hollywood, which seems ever more clearly to have been a cesspit of sexual predation , including against many child actors, for many decades, if tales told by actors and actresses over the decades are true. The atmosphere there seems directly related to the well-known Hollywood "casting couch culture" that's never really gone away.

It also looks like Weinstein isn't going down without a fight, as he's filed countersuits -- seeking $50 million in damages -- against the New York Times and the New Yorker, both of whom are breaking stories about the producer and studio exec's excesses. Stay tuned... ;-)

Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories – Variety

Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - The New York Times

Ashley Judd Reveals Sexual Harassment by Studio Mogul (EXCLUSIVE) – Variety

This guy, a sex predator? No way!

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a sexual predator. According to his publicist he just has issues understanding the power imbalance he has with some women.

I mean, really, in a way he's kind of the victim here.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Asking a woman to watch me shower? Some call it a fetish. Some think it sue worthy appropriate. I try to stay away from the latter. Ashley's one of my girls too. I'd fuck him up if I saw that filthy bastard.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Not a sexual predator. According to his publicist he just has issues understanding the power imbalance he has with some women.

I mean, really, in a way he's kind of the victim here.

Exactly! ;-)

I have to say, I'm impressed with how quickly he and his PR and legal teams went on the counterattack against the NYT and other media outlets. He's got big time juice in Hollywood, too, plus he's a huge contributor to various political causes. I'm guessing there's going to be a bit of discreet silence from politicians and others who've benefited from his donations over the years.

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Asking a woman to watch me shower? Some call it a fetish. Some think it sue worthy appropriate. I try to stay away from the latter. Ashley's one of my girls too. I'd fuck him up if I saw that filthy bastard.

This Ashley?...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

This Ashley?...

To be fair, when she's not playing cray-cray she can be quite interesting as an actress.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be fair she went off on a tirade about one man because of some “misogynistic” words he spoke and kept silent about another man who took misogynistic action.

Her silence alowed Weinstein’s behavior to be thrust upon other women.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
To be fair she went off on a tirade about one man because of some “misogynistic” words he spoke and kept silent about another man who took misogynistic action.

Please don't use "Weinstein," "thrust" and "women" in the same sentence, sir. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Please don't use "Weinstein," "thrust" and "women" in the same sentence, sir. ;-)

Just trying to keep it clean. Maybe I should hop in the shower? Care to watch?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little at the thought. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hold on. I thought Hollywood was at the forefront of the liberal agenda, pushing equal rights, social justice and ecological matters?

And you're saying there's a section of it's population who use power to sate their own selfish desires, like preying on young starlets and starlettes?

Surely they should have been called out and hung from the lamposts by now?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shirley.

Hollywood celebs are on the good side. It's just sex. Nothing to see here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Naw. You don't use soap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"This guy, a sex predator? No way! "

Yes, because that's the only chance he has.

Just look at him.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
Hold on. I thought Hollywood was at the forefront of the liberal agenda, pushing equal rights, social justice and ecological matters?

And you're saying there's a section of it's population who use power to sate their own selfish desires, like preying on young starlets and starlettes?

He's a huge Democratic donor and pals with Hills and Obama.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:

Does he part own a pizza shop?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
windywave wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:

Does he part own a pizza shop?

You are attempting to imply that is fake news? You're an idiot. (Guess where Obama's daughter interned).
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, no implication of fake news. I fully believe it's true and that Hollywood values are a facade

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a much simpler man than you. I don't need to know someone's political leanings to judge how physically attractive they are.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hollywood still honors Roman Polanski as one of their best. He was accused by another actress this week for actions from years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [tgrunnin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgrunnin wrote:
Hollywood still honors Roman Polanski as one of their best. He was accused by another actress this week for actions from years ago.

He recently admitted to child rape but says "it's over," as if self-pronouncing an end to the saga is all that matters.

"Speaking at the Zurich Film Festival, Roman Polanski made a rare comment on the rape conviction that caused him to flee the United States. Polanski was arrested and charged with raping Samantha Geimer, who was 13 at the time, in 1977. In a plea bargain, the director pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, but fled to Paris when he heard the judge was considering giving him 50 years in prison.
“As you know, Samantha Geimer has been asking for over 30 years for this thing to end. But, I’m sorry the judges who dealt with it the last 40 years were corrupted, one covering for the other … maybe one of them will (eventually) stop doing it,” he said, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “As far as what I did: It’s over. I pleaded guilty. I went to jail. I came back to the United States to do it, people forget about that, or don’t even know. I then was locked up here (in Zurich) after this festival. So in the sum, I did about 4 or 5 times than what was promised to me,” Polanksi said."

He's a fugitive from the law in the United States and hasn't been able to set foot on U.S. soil in decades, for fear of being immediately arrested, yet he's lived the good life in Europe and elsewhere and is even mightily applauded for his art in Hollywood, where's he's received standing ovations from a galaxy of Tinseltown stars, producers and directors.

He's actually a child rapist. But he's an artist, and one of the kindred spirits in the "artist" community in Hollywood, so he gets a free pass from them, I suppose.

Last edited by: big kahuna: Oct 6, 17 5:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
The atmosphere there seems directly related to the well-known Hollywood "casting couch culture" that's never really gone away.

In other SHOCKING news - cyclists dope, NBA players cheat on their wives, NFL players take steroids, and NCAA basketball is corrupt.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TeamBarenaked wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

The atmosphere there seems directly related to the well-known Hollywood "casting couch culture" that's never really gone away.

In other SHOCKING news - cyclists dope, NBA players cheat on their wives, NFL players take steroids, and NCAA basketball is corrupt.

That doesn't make it right. It just makes the wrongs more commonplace, is all.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
tgrunnin wrote:

He recently admitted to child rape but says "it's over," as if self-pronouncing an end to the saga is all that matters.

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
tgrunnin wrote:

I have to admit that Felonia Von Pantsuit would have cut quite an attractive figure in jailhouse orange the color of the current Oval Office occupant's hair. ;-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next