Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wyn Republic
Quote | Reply
Has anyone yet tried stuff from Wyn republic? Not sure how new they are but nothing showed up in the search for the name, even using Luke's name. This seems to be a Rapha type move into triathlon by Luke & Beth McKenzie. A friend brought up their name as our team was considering a new vendor for our team's kits. Hoping for any feedback!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wore their ss tri suit for last two races (oly and 70.3) and like it. The material seems really nice, and for me it's a super comfortable/good fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their Trucker Hat selection is outstanding!
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Mind if I ask your size and build type? Our team is more of a 'finisher' team than competitive. Seems to me Wyn is more on the competitive fit side however selfishly, still relevant to me as I like like their style and while I'm MOP I have more of a 'competitive' build.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doper she is, can't support her bad habit haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Thanks! Mind if I ask your size and build type? Our team is more of a 'finisher' team than competitive. Seems to me Wyn is more on the competitive fit side however selfishly, still relevant to me as I like like their style and while I'm MOP I have more of a 'competitive' build.

5'11" ~170lbs. I'm not at all slight or super-low body fat, but relatively slim. more muscle in the legs than upper body. I bought a M and it's pretty good for me. I *might* be able to wear a small for a really tight fit, especially in arms/shoulders, but the M fits well.

If it helps at all, the first version of the Roka ss tri suit fit me in medium and I wouldn't think about sizing down (felt like I was pushing it fit-wise in the bottom, while the top was a really good, very tight fit); the Wyn suit in a medium feels more forgiving (I tried on a LG ss suit that felt similar in this sense). I think it's as much to do with the fabric as the cut. I think the Wyn might be pretty forgiving given the fabric, although people who are carrying more weight in the stomach might have an issue with the way the zip open top overlaps the bottoms (i.e., there isn't a ton of overlap, so it could ride up).
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trimeon wrote:
doper she is, can't support her bad habit haha

TBF to her she's not returning to competition unlike many others who serve their ban then carry on regardless.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the ban was 2 years from June 2016 so we have yet to see whether she will return to action.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's already stated that she won't ever return to racing. Give it up. Find something else to waste your time and energy on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Has anyone yet tried stuff from Wyn republic? Not sure how new they are but nothing showed up in the search for the name, even using Luke's name. This seems to be a Rapha type move into triathlon by Luke & Beth McKenzie. A friend brought up their name as our team was considering a new vendor for our team's kits. Hoping for any feedback!

I got their sleeved tri suit last week. Havn't raced in it though....Arizona 70.3 will be the first time.

The materials are A1 and the cut/fit is very comfortable. I'm 186cm and round 75kg and i got a L and for me its a perfect fit. Plus i like to opening on the one piece for a pee stop, that was one of the big selling points to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the mint/navy socks recently. Anyone buy any of their kits?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Im expecting a tri suit and cycle kit to arrive any day now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

My team actually went with them so I'm getting my kit in a couple weeks, though I ordered sleeveless. I did like the sleeved we tried with the fit kit. I'll report back when I get em

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was curious then saw a pic by one of the professional Wassner twins in their suiting. If someone that petite practically looks like she's wearing hot pants I'd hate to see myself and most of us MOP dudes wearing this stuff

https://www.instagram.com/...aken-by=athletestyle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have their Tri Shorts and have to say they probably are the best designed shorts I own; and I've purchased quite a few different brands over there years. I love that they're a bit longer on the inseam side (covers more of the leg), ride higher on the hips (no tramp stamp sun tan), and have large rear pockets that can fit an iPhone 7+ or even a small bottle.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [N2176T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you this gives me hope that I too could wear these and have all anatomy covered. Maybe the product is just tiny inseam on the W side?
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like the tri shorts, but the waist band is a tad tight for me with no drawstring. If there was one nit, it would be this. I like the option of a drawstring to self regulate the waistband. If it weren't for that they'd be all I wear.

Quote | Reply
well looks like training 20+ hrs a week and hoping to make a comeback..
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [alexholbrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexholbrook wrote:
She's already stated that she won't ever return to racing. Give it up. Find something else to waste your time and energy on.

What are you talking about? She's racing IM Cairns in June, 2 weeks after her ban is over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have last year's bib shorts and jersey; the price was steep for an unknown brand so I waited until they were on sale and used the discount code offered on the site. I have only used them for one 80 minute trainer ride but first impressions are that they are good quality and I found them comfortable. Heed what they say about sheerness - hubby commented on how see through the jersey was.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trimeon wrote:
well looks like training 20+ hrs a week and hoping to make a comeback..

Disappointing, to say the least, there seems to be very little integrity now-a-days.
Last edited by: iron snorks: Mar 15, 18 18:37
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well if she wasn't doping before, her performances should be similar....
Quote Reply