Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc.
Quote | Reply
Getting a road frame from Allied Cycle Works out of Little Rock, AR and I'm tossing around the idea of having all possible components made in USA as well just as a kind of cool thing to do. I'm going with Ultegra Di2, but outside of that I'm wanting everything else to be USA made. Who makes wheelsets in the USA? Tell me if I'm wrong but I believe the major players include ENVE, HED, Zipp, Reynolds, Rolf as far as "major" brands go.
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bontrager carbon wheels are made in the USA.
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don't make components (not yet), but our top tube Speedpacks are made in the usa.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris King hubs are a must.

I think Knight rims are made in USA.

Dash saddle is USA.

Bars/stem/seatpost if a bit tougher. Can probably get a stem and seatpost from a frame builder, like FireFly.

Or C4 Cycleworks for an insane bar/stem: http://instagram.com/c4cycleworks

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're going for "home-made" then it really should be SRAM on there , not Shimano.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My HED JET+ wheels have a good old 'Made in USA' sticker on them.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [Tatonka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a HED fan boy, and local to their facility, the wheels are made in the USA, but the components of the aren't all domestic. It sounds like they are working on bringing all of their manufacturing in house, but aren't there yet. I think ENVE is the only ones making everything in house.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomson stems, handlebars and seatposts

https://www.bikethomson.com/shop/

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Getting a road frame from Allied Cycle Works out of Little Rock, AR and I'm tossing around the idea of having all possible components made in USA as well just as a kind of cool thing to do.

Matt Phillips (Bicycling) just did this #MUSA project.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRAM products are made in Asia with the exception of chains. They are made in Portugal.
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Chris King hubs are a must.

I think Knight rims are made in USA.

Dash saddle is USA.

Bars/stem/seatpost if a bit tougher. Can probably get a stem and seatpost from a frame builder, like FireFly.

Or C4 Cycleworks for an insane bar/stem: http://instagram.com/c4cycleworks

Dash will do seat posts too. Their saddle/seat post combo is pretty sweet :)
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [MrB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrB wrote:
SRAM products are made in Asia with the exception of chains. They are made in Portugal.

I know - some parts are made in Germany too. Nevertheless, its an American company with US headquarters and staff so its closer to the mark than Shimano for a project like this - in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea thomson is high on my list. Have their stuff on my CAAD 12. I'm trying to figure out what they actually make in Macon. Their website only explicitly lists their X2 stem as made in Macon, GA.
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I'm a HUGE fan of HED wheels. The Jet black 4 set is on top of my list but like you said I think they are like several other American companies in that they assemble in the US but parts are Asian.
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know I know. I just am not a fan of etap. I don't like the look, the price, or lack of functionality compared to shimano. And I don't really view SRAM products as any more American than shimano. They all come from Asia in the end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul components and white industries make their products in California. Between those companies you can get hubs, crankset, quick release skewers, seatpost, bottom bracket, headset.
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
As a HED fan boy, and local to their facility, the wheels are made in the USA, but the components of the aren't all domestic. It sounds like they are working on bringing all of their manufacturing in house, but aren't there yet. I think ENVE is the only ones making everything in house.

Enve bars, stems, and seatposts are made in Asia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Efit: Just saw you are looking for a road bike build. Change to an RCA. Tjpse are made in California.

Ignore this part - P5X frames are made by HED. You could buy a complete bike with HED wheels and sell eveything else.
Last edited by: the_thief: Sep 25, 17 17:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I9 Hubs are made in Asheville North Carolina.(And very nice)

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocity hoops are 100% made in USA for another option.
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [talking head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I don't think wheels will be the hard part. Bars, stems, seatposts, saddles, etc will be the challenge I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size frame are you getting from allied?
Quote Reply
Re: Going for a "made in USA" road bike build: who makes their stuff in the USA? Wheels, bars, stems, etc. [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Below is a sticker on one of my ENVE carbon rims:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 on white industries. http://www.whiteind.com/allproducts/
Quote Reply

Prev Next