Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 18 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 18 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik -- I hope all is well.

I didn't have a any real goals last week.
Quote:
This week I'm going to do yoga, maybe some easy s/b/r movement, and probably a little climbing -- if I feel good, I'll strength train too.
I took a yoga class, rode my cruiser bike, ran trails twice, swam in the ocean (saw a reef shark underneath me!) and climbed twice. I didn't feel recovered or motivated enough to start my strength training or really any structured training at all -- I'm exercising but not "training" and I think I'm benefiting from unstructured movement/food/drink/sleep at the moment. The last few weeks have felt like a slog.

I'm traveling this week but I'll commit to a yoga class, a trainer ride, a swim, two runs, a session to assess my off-season strength training plan, and daily p/rehab.

I hope everyone has a great week of training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My race wound up being super fun. It was a 2km kayak, 10km MTB and 5km run. VERY low key/casual race. It was held in a local national park and thankfully the only bison I saw were on the drive in.

Oh yeah - and I won. It was a very small (and not-fast) field, but still. I left early thinking there was no reason to stay and I'm a bit bummed I didn't get a podium pic. Luckily a friend was still there and she picked up my prize (a bottle of wine) for me.

This week is full of life stress and I caught the baby's cold - thanks daycare!!. My only goal is to get healthy and survive the week. Any exercise will be a bonus.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 18 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woo! Way to go edbikebabe -- sounds like such a fun race :D

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So cool! Congratulations!!!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats edbikebabe!

I ended up getting sick last week which suuuuuuuucked. Had a raging sore throat Monday and Tuesday so I decided to rest. Felt better by Wednesday so I went on a very easy 3-mile run. Well, that backfired because I got sicker and sicker on Thursday until I finally left work a little early. I was out of bed for maybe 10 minutes total on Friday and chowed down Benadryl like candy until I could breathe (and sleep) again. Was starting to feel better Saturday so I upgraded to the couch (haha) and caught up on my shows (Sherlock!) and reading which, not going to lie, was nice. Felt mostly normal yesterday which was good because I had plans all day, but didn't want to overdo it with a workout. Going to try an easy run again tonight.

So my total from last week is a whopping 3-mile run. In the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal: I didn't miss any races or important events, I only missed one day of work, etc. I am looking forward to feeling normal again this week, though!

Hope you all had a much less congested and sniffly week than I did. =)

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woohooo! Well done!

My goals were: Goals: 3 indoor rides (YES), 2 runs (YES), 2 strength/core sessions (NO but I moved rocks in the yard and dropped one on my foot...).
Adjusting goals for this week to 3 rides, 2 run and 1 non-pre-run strength session in the hope that I will actually do it.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 18 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ow! I hope your foot is okay??

Midtown Miles - being sick sucks. I'm hoping mine is short-lived. If not I may take a sick day and spend some quality time with the couch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Women! I'm glad the internet hasn't found a way to make sickness spread through the ether... that's a drag!

I had a pretty low key week. Nothing major or interesting.

OWS x2
Bike x2
Run x2

The water temp in the ocean dropped 8 degrees from 67 a week ago to 59 yesterday. Ice cream headache! Time to bust out the warm gear. I've been getting stronger in the water with the consistency. I've done 2x/week OWS since mid-July and am starting to see gains. This is a massive improvement from my previous pattern of 0x/week. So, that is nice. I've moved up from the informal B group to the A- group and actually feel like I'm getting some speed. Of course, currents are getting stronger this time of year so my forward progress pace is dropping. Wednesday's swim was so choppy that I thought I was going to lose sight of shore.

I have another race 40 days out (70.3) then an OLY the following week so I'm sticking with some higher volume. I'm likely going to log an 18-miler this week with a friend who is marathon training. That will be interesting. Certainly not my longest run this season, but the longest in some time.

Lastly, I got new shoes, so I feel awesome.

Rock on, Women!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was quite a big rock but I only dropped it from about 3-4 inches away so it could have been a lot worse. It hurts to touch (so naturally I keep poking it to see if it's stopped hurting yet) but cycling was okay and walking has been too so hoping running will be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 18 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week:
- read and make notes on at least 4 journal articles for a project I switched tactics and got some progress done on this - not as much as I wanted. I really like the project! Work is just so busy. Teaching takes so much time. I like it, but it is time-consuming to do well.
- 3 bikes (signed up for a metric century on 9/30) I rode twice
- day off from running done!
- swim 5x done!

Totals 5 swims (5775 yds), 2 bikes (40.1 mi), 6 runs (45.8 mi)

goals for this week 6 swims, 3 bikes, day off from running

highlight of the week: new Girl with the Dragon Tattoo book - it arrived in the mail on Friday and I am really enjoying it. Not as good as the first three but still good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New running/cycling shoes or new "out for drinks with girl-friends" shoes?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 18 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
New running/cycling shoes or new "out for drinks with girl-friends" shoes?

Haha. This is why I love this group! New trail running shoes. Altra TIMPs. Outside of athletic footwear, I own 2 pairs of flip flops, a pair of slippers, 1 set of sparkly flats (for gowns), and 1 pair of dorky black office flats. And no purses. I am as plain as they come. Oh! And motorcycle boots. My husband has more shoes than me!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm kind of jealous; my knee injury meant I didn't run for ages and so it's been over two years since my last "new running shoes day".
Quote Reply