Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite Aerobar Setup!?
Quote | Reply
Pro, Bayonet, Tririg, Zipp, Profile etc etc.

What do you have, what does it look like and why did you choose that!??
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aerobar Setup!? [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro missile alloy base bar with old style vision base bars.

Inexpensive, reasonably light, probably aero enough, and I don't need massive adjustability. There's enough range in stem lengths and armrest riser width and height for me

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Handlebars/PD_J5/F40tt_Bicycle_Companies_are_you_listening__6413.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pro Missile if you want adjustment on every aspect of the bar and the cables are all hidden. The extensions only come in two shapes but how adjustable the pads are and if your position isn't too unconventional you should be able to find the perfect fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PD Sven zero, PD T2+ extensions (new ones with J5/f40 clamps/pads...and the BTA clamp they make for this setup is nice...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have recently put the Zipp BTA mount on my tt bike and I love it! everything is clean and has a mount for your garmin.
http://www.zipp.com/...p96qfdhzge1d60vyrbze
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp Vuka Aero and Zipp SL Sprint stem

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bayonet 3 Devox. So much adjustment and silly low stack for those of us that need it. Maybe there is a slight issue with the extension clamps, though. ;)

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 16, 17 16:42
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aerobar Setup!? [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you post more pics and details? Looking to set my wifes bike like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aerobar Setup!? [WatsonNh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WatsonNh wrote:
Could you post more pics and details? Looking to set my wifes bike like this.

Sure, I'll snap some photos in the AM. What kind of details are you looking for? 2011 Felt DA with 0º rise 110mm stem. The bar is the hard to find Bayonet 3 Devox. Pads/cups are the factory felt's and mounted directly to the bar in the inner position. Extensions are Zipp Vuka Evo 110s and are under-mounted with a 5mm spacer for clearance (properly tq'd and assembled). I am now running a Alden-Design Garmin mount instead of the o-rings in the above photo. Brake levers are 3T and require a shim to work with Felt's bar. Shifters are Shimano di2 dual button and indexed to the extensions.

I'll add photos in the morning.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 17, 17 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aerobar Setup!? [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rig looks awesome! which stem is that??
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aerobar Setup!? [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. It is the 110mm 0º rise. http://www.feltbicycles.com/...ed-Postion-Stem.aspx

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt Devox Bayonet 2 (I think). It's the older one, and I have the non-UCI version which is a bit deeper.

Why?

- Low stack. I am long and low, and needed the minimum pad stack possible so that I could ride a larger size P3C.
- Cable routing. Cables come out in a nice position to feed into a Tririg Sigma stem, especially for the front brake centre-pull cable stop.
- Cheap. Bought it 2nd hand on ebay for a hundred bucks.
- Enough adjustability. Pad stack is right for me (as low as possible) and I only need so much fore-aft and narrow-wide adjustment.
- (ostensibly) aero. Looks it, anyway.
- Lightweight. I'm not a weight weenie by any stretch, but the older Sigma XF is HEAVY. So I wanted carbon bars.
- Badass. The thing looks badass.

Downside, no independant extension tilt. But only a minor downside.. people (including me) probably worry too much about that. I was able to achieve the raised hand position I wanted by fitting some J bend extensions in reverse. Whenever I can be arsed I'm going to get somebody I know to machine/3d print some angled pad spacers to line up the armrests, but it isn't a very big deal to me.

Billy bargain if you can find one.

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aerobar Setup!? [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the Garmin mounted like that get in the way of the hands? I’m looking for a solution for mine on Zipp Vuka Evo 110 that will put the computer out ahead so I can read it without looking down or sweating on it, but not between the hands (my hands are touching each other). I can’t focus close, so the Zipp BTA doesn’t provide enough distance.
Quote Reply