Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer?
Quote | Reply
Of these three, which is your favorite watch and why. I'm aware that the 935 is the new model but have heard from a few others that they preferred the 925 to the 935.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean the 920?

I've had all 3 watches and I much prefer the 935. The 910 and 920 are like tanks compared to the 935. They are heavy and bulky as hell. I never could wear the 910 or 920 as an everyday watch but I wear my 935 all the time now. The 935 is slim and lightweight. I don't even realize I'm wearing a watch.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 920, 935 - Which do you prefer? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
correct, updated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thunderdouble wrote:
Of these three, which is your favorite watch and why. I'm aware that the 935 is the new model but have heard from a few others that they preferred the 925 to the 935.

Thanks!

I have owned all three models of the Garmin watches and have owned an Apple Watch as well. I don't like things on my wrist, but liked the idea of something to track my data and give me notifications from my phone. That being said, I used the 910 and 920 as training tools only and took them off in between workouts - they were too big. I used the Apple Watch for a while, but just could not get used to something on my wrist.

Then the 935 came around... I have not taken this thing off. It fits all of my needs and tracks data that I want as a very serious athlete. Good software and good hardware.

935 hands down. Best thing I have ever put on my wrist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
935 without a doubt...I have had all three. I wear it 24/7
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 920, 935 - Which do you prefer? [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thunderdouble wrote:
correct, updated

Not quite. You need to edit the "subject" and "body" of the original post. Both of those still say "925".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about GPS accuracy? This is my biggest gripe w/ my 910 as I swear once a week during a run in clear sky it loses satellites during a run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I owned a 910, 735, and now a 920.

910 way my first triathlon watch and it does everything great. Heavier than the others and no bluetooth were my only complaints with it.

I switched to a 735 for everyday use and training and loved it but my wife gave me an apple watch 2 for my birthday so I sold it.

Bought a 920 purely to use for racing and am really enjoying it. Its not as bulky as the 910 and it can sync through bluetooth so you can upload immediately.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the 910 and now have the 920. Never had issues with dropping signal on the 910, but the 920 blows it out of the water in terms of acquiring signal.

I guess the 935 appears to shine for those looking for an everyday wearable watch when comparing to the 910/920. I definitely wouldn't wear the 920 as my everyday watch. But I personally wouldn't wear the 935 either. I use these as training tools and that's it really. I have other watches for everyday wear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only used the 920. So, I'm not much use for "comparison". However, I'm super happy with the 920. I don't think anything comes close to it for value (functions per $$). I bought it factory refurbed 12 months ago for $200 or so.

I wear my 920 as a daily watch. I don't care about the aesthetics of the 935. I looked at the feature list of the 935 when it came out, and I couldn't justify the cost for what mostly seem like marginal updates to me. Nothing the 935 does (that the 920 does not) was on my "gee I really wish the 920 did XYZ list".
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Nothing the 935 does (that the 920 does not) was on my "gee I really wish the 920 did XYZ list".

IMO There are a few things I like that the 935 has or does better than the 920:
Heart rate
Strap is much better
Ability to initiate a sync
Battery life is a little better (tho I never really had an issue on the 920)

The jury is still out on whether the altimeter will last on the 935. The 920 was notorious for it's altimeter to stop working. I went through (2) 920's and know multiple people who went through 4 of them. Garmin would always fix it, but you had to send it back for 2 weeks. The guy at Garmin tech told me to put a piece of tape over the altimeter hole when swimming in open water, so they know it's a big issue.

That being said, I probably would not have upgraded had my 920 kept working. However, it is definitely worth it to go from the 910 to the 935.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the 935
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:

Same here.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MacCTD wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

Same here.

Same for me. I haven't worn a watch full-time in two decades because I hate the feeling of things on my wrist. Only wore them for workouts. 935 rolls around, and I haven't taken it off since I got it (except to charge it and shower.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the 935 for a couple of months. I miss my 920XT. The 935 has a lot of 'fluff' on it as Garmin are trying to be all things to all people. Instead they end up being mediocre for most people. Don't get me wrong, the 935 is a good watch but the WHR offers nothing for the athlete as it is all but useless for 'active' activities. You still need a chest strap to get useful results for most activities.

I do like the quick release bands though. It does mean that I don't have the bulk you get from having the quick release kit all the time. Also does give you the option to change the watch from looking like a sports watch to something resembling a dress watch without any difficulty.

Re the comment about the barometer above. The problem was a big one for the 910. While there have been some reports of issues with the barometer on the 920 they are few and far between in comparison to the 910.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Sep 15, 17 17:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a 910xt, loved it, bought a 920 last year because crass consumerism, and it is a fantastic watch. Aside from bluetooth connectivity and a better form factor, a 920 is not that huge of an upgrade over a 910, but it is a nicer, more modern watch. I might get a 935 eventually, but I don't love the round face shape of it.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you base your WHR comments on? The 935 WHR has worked great for me for running and biking, no issues at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
You mean the 920?

I've had all 3 watches and I much prefer the 935. The 910 and 920 are like tanks compared to the 935. They are heavy and bulky as hell. I never could wear the 910 or 920 as an everyday watch but I wear my 935 all the time now. The 935 is slim and lightweight. I don't even realize I'm wearing a watch.

x2. I used all. 935 is light years ahead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only have experience with the 910. I can tell you recently at IMMT a lot of 920's were crapping out. Well at least with the BOPers like me... My set up now though is pretty good. VivoActive for daily watch, running, pool swimming, and rides under 2 hours. 910xt for races, rides over 2 hours, and open water swimming. With that said I do want to upgrade sooner or later. Maybe if I see a good sale, used watch, or find a couple extra bucks in my pocket. Anyone know how the real life battery is on the 935?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MacCTD wrote:
What do you base your WHR comments on? The 935 WHR has worked great for me for running and biking, no issues at all.

Personal experience - see post #25 here https://forums.garmin.com/...ate-inaccuracy/page2 and the many reports of similar problems with all the other WHR devices that Garmin has.

For some people WHR seems to work fine. For many others, me included, it doesn't.

Let me add that I bought the 935 knowing there might be problems with the WHR working during 'active' activities. But as I've always used a chest strap, I wasn't concerned that it might not work properly for me. I'm one of those people who always likes to have the latest model of something. So I bought one. I like it. But I still prefer the 920 that I sold.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Sep 16, 17 14:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have all 3. 920 is by far my favorite. I love the square face and easy data fields. I also love the buttons. The buttons on the 935 don't make sense to me.

If the 920 had the HR on it like the 93t I would be set for life.

I've had the 935 for 1.5 weeks. Not sure I'll keep it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thunderdouble wrote:

Thanks!

I prefer the swim mode of the Garmin 910xt, just like a regular stop watch (ie no rest intervals BS), with the functionality of the new watches. My preference is still the Garmin 735xt for small form-factor. Strangely enough the 910xt does not seem to have depreciated at all in the last two years or so... if anything they have gone up in value.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the 910xt because it keeps $700 in my pocket and it still works fine. If it dies i'll go straight out and get a 935, they seem to be pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from a 310 to a 920 to the 935. I loved the 920, but I only wore it to train. I have other watches I wear, everyday.

Well, I did.....

I wear the 935 as my everyday watch, now. I was unsure about it, at first, but I've grown to really like it. I've set up a lot of personal preferences that make it more attractive (from a training & everyday watch perspective).....and the optical HR works perfectly for me. I love not wearing a strap..........ever. It pairs nicely with my 510 for cycling (HR).
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910, 925, 935 - Which do you prefer? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link where I can buy all these devices?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply

Prev Next