Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Irmagedon 2017
Quote | Reply
While not anywhere near the destruction caused down in the Keys and the rest of FL, the outcome here in Atlanta seems eerily reminiscent of the snowmagedon aftermath.
After snowmagedon treefalls caused multiple days of power outages across the city and region, Irma has left a lot of the city in the same boat(at least areas with large amounts of trees). Downtown is mostly ok, but suburbs are taking a hit. Our kids' school is being cancelled for the 4th day straight tomorrow. Over 32 schools in our district are still without power, compared to 66 yesterday. 20% of schools have major roof damage due to fallen trees.
We lucked out and power has been fine through the entire ordeal, but half our neighborhood is still out and a lot of the surrounding ones as well. Going to be a slow recovery when all we had was some hard wind and rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Irmagedon 2017 [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Edit: Duffy beat me to it

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Last edited by: Hydro: Sep 13, 17 14:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least your water reservoirs will be topped-off...

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn't in ATL for snowmageddon, but yeah this is weird. I was without power for ~30 hours, and some co-workers are still without and going crazy. I come from the land of tornadoes and straight line winds, so was mildly surprised when wind speeds of *only* 50mph knocked so many trees and power lines down.
Quote Reply