Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Chainsaw Nun
Quote | Reply
Sister Margaret, a Catholic nun, is seen in action down in Miami-Dade County in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, busily working her chainsaw with the skill of a lumberjack, helping to clear fallen trees. And doing it all in her habit, the clothing worn by her order. :-)

Miami-Dade Police on Twitter: "🎥 of Sister Margaret Ann in action. Thank you to all of our neighbors that are working together to get through this! We are #MiamiDadeStrong https://t.co/5tG6nzk7Ye"

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: The Chainsaw Nun [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that and she did lots of things wrong putting herself at risk. Made me shudder watching that. Obviously never had a chainsaw safety class.

not braking the chain when moving feet. Tripping with a unlocked chain is common hazard.
loose clothing that could get hung up. Chainsaw chaps are worth the money compared to cost of hospital stay.
inadequate eye protection
hearing protection?
steel toed shoes?
head protection from higher limbs?
spotter to keep others away?
not using proper part of guide bar when cutting.

I don't think we are supposed to test God in this way.
Quote Reply
Re: The Chainsaw Nun [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
I saw that and she did lots of things wrong putting herself at risk. Made me shudder watching that. Obviously never had a chainsaw safety class.

not braking the chain when moving feet. Tripping with a unlocked chain is common hazard.
loose clothing that could get hung up. Chainsaw chaps are worth the money compared to cost of hospital stay.
hearing protection?
steel toed shoes?

Hahahahahaha! I suspect she feels she has a personal "in" with the Big Guy. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:

hearing protection?
steel toed shoes?

Last edited by: Spiridon Louis: Sep 13, 17 15:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:

hearing protection?
steel toed shoes?

Not testing, just trusting.
Quote Reply