Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endura Aero Helmet
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Endura Aero Helmet [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The gap around the nose looks horrible. I would probably still wear glasses to protect my eyes. I will stick with my Giro thank you,.... Unless this is a bunch faster in which case I will deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Endura Aero Helmet [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D2Z input usually results in fast products so guessing it will be a quick option for suitable riders.
Quote Reply
Re: Endura Aero Helmet [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More coverage on the Endura Helmet
http://www.bikeradar.com/...ura-goes-aero-50754/

The big story, however, is the new D2Z Aeroswitch helmet. This £350 (about US$455) TT helmet at first glance looks like your traditional long-tail TT lid, albeit one with a neat integrated visor and a Koroyd core.
On further inspection you notice that the long tail differs from its competition as it's much broader. Simon explains: "There has been a shift towards short tailed helmets because often the tail design is ineffective. Our research showed us that the tail needed to be wider to provide stable flow off the back of the head and onto the skin suit. Testing confirmed that the wide tail was faster and also less sensitive to head movement".

Endura claims that the Aeroswitch has an increased drag saving over all of its biggest competitors with the 11.8 watt saving at 40kph (compared to a standard Endura Airshell helmet) rising to 39.7 watts at 60kph. Its closest rival has 10.8 and 36.3-watt savings. The lineup of its rivals included Kask’s Bambino, Giro Aerohead, Bell Javelin, Lazer Wasp, Specialized S-Works TT, Met Drone, Bontrager Aeolus TT, and Louis Garneau’s P-09.

The Aeroswitch still has one more trick up its sleeve, and that’s that the long tail can be removed easily to create an aero road helmet with a short stubby tail, which makes the high price tag a lot easier to swallow as it's effectively two helmets in one (and its got the removable magnetic visor, too).

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FINALLY a company quotes wattage savings at 60kph for me, no longer have to do the calculations myself.................. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Endura Aero Helmet [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or 1.7w faster as normally quoted or 7sec over 40k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, did Tim Don have one of these helmets at Chatt 70.3?
I don't see any pics of him on the bike.

Past pictures look like he's wearing a big S helmet, so sponsorship may preclude him even getting one, if they're in production.

----------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Endura Aero Helmet [mountainman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They will be available in the Spring. Hope to get my hands on one around it's release for some testing/review.
Quote Reply