Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds
Quote | Reply
Edging incumbent champion Holly Lawrence, the Purplepatch Fitness Seat Too High award goes to Reinaldo Colucci:

The Michi Weiss Cabling Rats Nest Award goes to Javier Gomez:

The Brent McMahon Worst Pro Male fit award goes to Pieter Heermeryick (Honorable Mention: Brent McMahon):

The Cody Beals Too Much Reach Award goes to Maurice Clavel:

The Ventum One Maximal Drag Front Fairing Award goes to Tyler Butterfield:

The Jan Frodeno Elbow Width 2 Zero Award goes to Sebastian Kienle (hat tip for proprietary aero fingerlock):

The Sebastian Kienle Top Tube Safe Award goes to Daniela Ryf:

The Suzy Favor Hamilton "Saving Myself for Zurich" Award goes to Holly Lawrence:

What did I miss? Who else can we praise and scorn?
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost started this thread yesterday but I don't like stealing thunder. Heermeryick's position is what caught my eye when I looked at the pictures. Yikes.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Clavel's position is a factor of him being on the long, gradual downhill. I actually did the same thing (scoot butt backwards and assume a mild superman position) but didn't pedal too much.

I am really not sure how Butterfield's prostate is still intact given his saddle choices and riding positions.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Sep 12, 17 12:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tyler's bike looks like it's three sizes small.

Javier's wiring doesn't look nearly as bad as anticipated. Seems like we've come pretty far if that's the only worthy rat's nest.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
I think Clavel's position is a factor of him being on the long, gradual downhill.

Nah, I don't think so (here and here)

But I don't know how much of a problem that stretched out position is, if you can maintain it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Pieter Heermeryick"

this is the conundrum. this is where the universe speeds up when math says it should be slowing down. he rode too fast for somebody in that position. which is also, of course, the case with butterfield and mcmahon.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, I am totally wrong. Looks uncomfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is awesome. Well done.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
he rode too fast for somebody in that position. which is also, of course, the case with butterfield and mcmahon.

Well, let's see their power files if you think they rode too fast for someone in that position.

In what world can the same aerobic engine that cranks out a 2:13 debut marathon and a 1:11 closing run can that same engine only produce a 2:25 bike split? In this world:

Last edited by: kileyay: Sep 12, 17 12:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember getting passed by him (Flynn) on Sunday and thinking "how the hell." At that point (mile 35ish), he looked more upright than in that photo, but he was still just behind Ryan Guiliano. His position was less aero than some of the 70+ y.o. guys riding on the hoods of their road bikes that I saw early in the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's almost* criminal
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [mdm81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdm81 wrote:
I remember getting passed by him (Flynn) on Sunday and thinking "how the hell." At that point (mile 35ish), he looked more upright than in that photo, but he was still just behind Ryan Guiliano. His position was less aero than some of the 70+ y.o. guys riding on the hoods of their road bikes that I saw early in the bike.

Yeah, I tried to show the picture in which he looked most aero out of all these. Guy would surely be just as fast or faster on a road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [WaySub4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WaySub4 wrote:
Wow, that's almost* criminal

what do you know about running, anyway? that guy ran a 2:13 marathon. you ever run any running equivalent faster than that? otherwise shaddup.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're having a Kona Slowtwitch party we can talk about running all you want?! I won't critique your running form if you don't critique my bike fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [WaySub4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'll have you know that i ran the mile in 4:19 when i was a junior in high school, and if i'd run it only 30 seconds faster it would be faster than you ever ran the mile in your whole life.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
I think Clavel's position is a factor of him being on the long, gradual downhill. I actually did the same thing (scoot butt backwards and assume a mild superman position) but didn't pedal too much.

I am really not sure how Butterfield's prostate is still intact given his saddle choices and riding positions.

LOL. Literally caused me to spit out my tea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh, and yes we're having a party. the thread will be up this week. wednesday starting 3:30. we can swap old running stories, like about the time i won the pan american games in the 1500m run. oh, wait. that was you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This is aero-shaming. And it's not OK.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:

We shame because we care.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Slowman wrote:
he rode too fast for somebody in that position. which is also, of course, the case with butterfield and mcmahon.

Well, let's see their power files if you think they rode too fast for someone in that position.

In what world can the same aerobic engine that cranks out a 2:13 debut marathon and a 1:11 closing run can that same engine only produce a 2:25 bike split? In this world:

sad part is he doesnt even know about power yet....
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
jens wrote:

We shame because we care.

This will be my new sig line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just realized that's the third cockpit Javier has been on in this year (other two: Specialized and Enve). Good for him for fiddling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You going to be in Kona?

You AND the boss racing?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Honorary Awards / Cheers and Jeers: Pro Fits and Bike Setups at 70.3 Worlds [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just me 'racing' (more like trying to enjoy a long day of working out and having some fun with the family for a couple of weeks in Hawaii; it's a quick turnaround from Coeur D'Alene). See you there Steve!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good sock game, whoever that is! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next