Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Where do you live, and do you like where you live?
Quote | Reply
Lots of folks complaining about pretty much every ill (immigrants, drugs, shitty schools, hurricanes, etc.), and I have to ask: Do you actually like where you live? Try to make it yes/no only. I'll go first....

Silicon Valley, California. Yes.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Sep 12, 17 15:44
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you live, and do you like where you live? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long Beach, CA -Heck Yeah!

Quote | Reply
San Juan Capistrano, CA (part time also in Tucson, AZ): SJC, it's just ok; Tucson, love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you live, and do you like where you live? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colorado, Denver 'burbs. Love it but would move to western Montana in a heart beat.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cary, NC
Yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
North Brunswick, NJ.

I'll be the first to complain and say HELL NO

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dallas, Texas

Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SW suburbs of Portland, OR. Love this place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gainesville, FL. Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phoenix suburb (Chandler). Yes...but there are better places out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Littleton, Colorado. Yes, I like it very much.

Edited to add reasons (per Francois' comment): Excellent bike riding - foothills and plains mostly, but I can easily ride to some of the closer big climbs (like Mt. Evans). Great bike infrastructure. Close to Denver, so there's lots to do. Weather is generally amazing all year long (not as cold/snowy as most people think). Easy driving distance to some great vacation spots: (Vail/Breck/Copper, Steamboat, Estes Park, Salida, Aspen/Beaver Creek, Crested Butte, Durango, I could go on and on). Easy flights everywhere with DIA so close. Good jobs abound; great people (best neighbors I've ever had); lots of transplants, so we're not unusual. Relatively low cost of living. Great property values (for now). There's not much to dislike about the South Metro area of Denver. Added bonus: it takes me less than an hour to get to Colorado Springs, but if you're coming from central or north of town, it can take upwards of 1 1/2 hours.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Sep 13, 17 8:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virginia Beach. Yes, although we could use a Rubio's and an In-n-Out.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alaska. Yes!

But don't ask me in January when it's -40 and dark and cabin fever is setting in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PEI, Canada - Yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Philadelphia. It's ok for a city, but would love to live somewhere with mountains--like western Montana or western NC or Tahoe or...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No hurricanes but tons of illegal immigrants here, so the restaurants and gardening businesses are fully staffed. South Orange County CA, right next to JD21 and 1/2 dozen great surf spots, love it!!

Other house of course is the Xantusia compound next door to Slowman, Love it!!!
Last edited by: monty: Sep 12, 17 16:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suburb in north Los Angeles County.

Yes, like some things. No, don't like other things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boston. Yes, though there are some nontrivial drawbacks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orono, Maine

Like it don't love it, if the cycling was better I could love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huntington Woods, MI and I love it. I would rather be living up near Traverse City or Petoskey but that is just not practical with my current career choice...industry is just not there and I do not have the money to retire there yet.

Quote | Reply
central Maine (summer, school breaks) - wouldn't trade for anything
central Oklahoma (college academic year) - as long as I don't have to be here in the summer
recently moved to OK from Corvallis, OR - that was OK but wouldn't want to be there forever. Way too hippie.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Sep 12, 17 16:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Savannah, GA. Yes. And hurricanes almost always miss us.

I grew up in a little town outside of Portland OR, and spent most of the '80's in Southern California so it's interesting to see the folks that spent time in the same areas.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
East Tawas, Michigan (during boating season) Love it.
Howell, Michigan (during the rest of the year) Like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
West Denver suburbs. Yes, but not my first choice.

drn92
Quote Reply

Prev Next