Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I am going to Maine.....
Quote | Reply
flying for the first time in 18 years. Hubby and I are vacationing in Maine for a week. Why is this a big deal you ask? Well, it is our first vacation out of state in 18 years. I spent 15 years revolving around triathlon and marathons and the last 3 years have been spent helping hubby recover from a double amputation of both legs below the knee. He will wear shorts to the airport so we can take advantage, yes, of a touch more compassion than usual.
This is a first trip that I am not packing for a race and it feels weird but strangely fantastic.
I am a bit nervous as I HATE to fly but need to.
Wish us a great time!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I am going to Maine..... [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have fun !

I am so jealous because have become smitten with Maine after going there last summer. Love the water, the seafood and the friendly people.

Soak up every little thing and have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have fun, having lived here almost 17 years, I think you chose the best time of the year to visit. It's been cool at night but in the 70's during the day, plus its no where near as crowded as it was a few weeks ago. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have fun but watch out for clowns!

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a great trip, I've always liked Maine. We traveled there many years for skiing in winter and summer weekends in Bar Harbor and Old Orchard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Folks in Maine eat lobster like we eat possum. Meaning, you can find good lobster along any roadside.

When you get there you'll know what I mean. Oh and butter. Never margarine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
home sweet home! Enjoy!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where in Maine are you going? I have a place on Long lake in Harrison, pretty chilly this time of year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a great time! Sounds like a terrific expansion of the comfort zone for you both, and Maine (esp. this time of year) is a wonderful place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thing about fear of flying is to use your big logical brain and override your emotional side. Just know and tell yourself that when it comes to travel, there is no safer place to be than 35k feet in the air. Nothing beats it, walking, cycling, running, driving, skate boarding, every form of locomotion is more dangerous that cruising at that altitude.

Have fun, perhaps just the first of many....
Quote Reply