Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!!
Quote | Reply
This doen't surprise me at all.

A heterosexual woman is attracted to Men.

https://www.glamour.com/...h-trump-voters-essay

Quote:
When someone asks about my worst hookup, I have plenty of options to choose from, but I inevitably end up telling the same story. It’s the one where I started arguing with a Trump supporter at a bar and then before I knew it, I was waking up the next morning in his bedroom.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That woman sounds like a basket case.

She sounds like she has absolutely no grasp or understanding of her own emotions, desires, drivers, etc. It's great that she has discovered a dynamic that leads to great sex, the part about "wanting to cry when I turn on the news" or "needing to throw my phone across the room after reading another presidential tweet" is pretty sad.

Also, the article can simply be distilled down to "opposites attract". You're not loving if you're not fighting once in a while :).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not the men per se, it's what they wear.

Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, this just in, women love jerks.

Ever been arguing with Mrs Duffy and she yells "you're such an asshole sometimes!!" Then you go and have that really fun crazy hate sex?

Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Ever been arguing with Mrs Duffy and she yells "you're such an asshole sometimes!!" Then you go and have that really fun crazy hate sex?

Well, it's fun for me.

Isn't that all that matters?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol, that was hilarious.

I'm pretty libertarian. Wife is a lefty. She's got a lot of moxie. Doesn't really "back down" over anything. We don't talk much about those political issues that are friction points. Those conversations just leave both of us irritated. Which, unlike the Glamor chick, does not lead to anyone getting laid.

I picked her up ~20yrs ago in a WA DC pool hall. She was a young lawyer in a world of metrosexuals. I was in a dashing young Infantry officer.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a little surprised you read Glamour...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about putting "spoilers" in the title. Some of us haven't read this month's Glamour yet!
Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I was in a dashing young Infantry officer.

??? Nice pool hall!
Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I'm a little surprised you read Glamour...

Want to satisfy womens?

Know what they want. Read what they read. Watch what they watch.

Feel what they feel.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Well, it's fun for me.

Yep. I'm fairly certain I'm sitting at a perfect 1.0 batting average for orgasms. You know, for me. Couldn't tell you what my wife's is. That sounds like her problem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to satisfy womens?

Know what they want. Read what they read. Watch what they watch.

Feel what they feel.

Nah, that's an awful lot of work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
literally a dumb f*ck.
Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
In high school, I found this truism to be particularly bewildering. WTF? Why? What is going on with this?

Books @ Amazon
Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
She was a young lawyer in a world of metrosexuals. I was in a dashing young Infantry officer.

There really is something to that. When I was younger, I lost interest in what I was studying, dropped out of University and started an apprenticeship in carpentry. For a while, I felt kind of ashamed, like I had failed or would be looked at as stupid. But it was then that I learned how attracted women were to men who were more traditionally manly, could work with their hands or weren't afraid to work hard or get dirty. I still think I get more attention when I'm wearing my carhartts then I do when I'm dressed up nicely.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

In high school, I found this truism to be particularly bewildering. WTF? Why? What is going on with this?

IMO, a few things at play there:

There is an element of danger, or excitement, in dating a jerk.

Being a jerk often gives the illusion of commanding authority, which can be an attractive quality.

Some women, especially when younger, see it as a challenge. A really good looking guy with a personality problem can be "changed".

I think, in general, jerks tend to draw more attention to themselves then a confident but soft spoken person who walks the walk rather then talks the talk. Those types tend to fly under the radar and go unnoticed. Most teenagers are shallow. Most out-grow that phase.

And finally, and most importantly, women are crazy, there really isn't any rational reason for why they do anything :-).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Chicks dig a man in uniform.

BCtriguy1 wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
She was a young lawyer in a world of metrosexuals. I was in a dashing young Infantry officer.

There really is something to that. When I was younger, I lost interest in what I was studying, dropped out of University and started an apprenticeship in carpentry. For a while, I felt kind of ashamed, like I had failed or would be looked at as stupid. But it was then that I learned how attracted women were to men who were more traditionally manly, could work with their hands or weren't afraid to work hard or get dirty. I still think I get more attention when I'm wearing my carhartts then I do when I'm dressed up nicely.

Books @ Amazon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
That sounds like her problem.

Don't worry, it's not a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Well, it's fun for me.

Yep. I'm fairly certain I'm sitting at a perfect 1.0 batting average for orgasms. You know, for me. Couldn't tell you what my wife's is. That sounds like her problem.

Tyrone is taking care of that for you...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's cute that Trump supporters think supporting Trump makes them more likely to be manly.

But I do agree that there is a shortage of males who are men. My wife hates sissified men. We frequently laugh as we walk through a crowded area and point out how many women look doable versus the number of guys who would catch her attention.

Suburban guys don't actually know how to do things. Go into an office setting and ask who there has changed brakes on a car, actually built something, done simple plumbing work, ... Just doesn't happen any more.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Chicks dig a man in uniform.

So do dudes.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. This is the style that worked for me. We always joke that she couldn't resist my paper hat. And I fell for her polyester smock and visor combo.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Sep 12, 17 7:47
Quote Reply
Re: Help, I Can't Stop Hooking Up With Trump Supporters!!!!! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's cute that Trump supporters think supporting Trump makes them more likely to be manly.

Supporting Trump doesn't make you more manly.

But I'm sure that effeminate men are less likely to be a Trumper.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
RangerGress wrote:

I certainly don't speak for all women. But being a gal who's pops was an auto mechanic and taught her all he knew. I am definitely of the opinion that I'd rather have a guy who can fix it (if I can't) than a guy who can pay to have it fixed. And I'll suck the motor oil right from your fingernails.
Quote Reply

Prev Next