Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tactical And Survivor Training
Quote | Reply
Anybody ever done this? Saw a truck painted up with the advertising for a company offering this. Pretty sure it was "Tactical and Survivor" training not "Survivalist" training. I assume you learn basic military/police swat team type stuff? Chance to play army for people who never did and "Be Prepared" as the advertising said.
Quote Reply
Re: Tactical And Survivor Training [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done survivalist training (wilderness survival). I even helped teach it with a guy up in woods in Quebec one summer.

I've also done tactical shooting training...

...but I don't really practice either that much so I'm sure some fat-ass, neck beard, tacticool guy from Bakersfield is going to push my shit in when things go sideways...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Tactical And Survivor Training [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sure some fat-ass, neck beard, tacticool guy from Bakersfield is going to push my shit in when things go sideways...

Finding an alpha-male and becoming his bitch is a valid survival tactic.
Quote Reply
Re: Tactical And Survivor Training [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I've done survivalist training (wilderness survival). I even helped teach it with a guy up in woods in Quebec one summer.

...but I don't really practice either that much so I'm sure some fat-ass, neck beard, tacticool guy from Bakersfield is going to push my shit in when things go sideways...

That's funny, we took the same exit and I ended up next to the guy at a couple of stop lights and he looked like some 60+ year old with a white "neck beard" (or at least what I'm visioning a neck beard is) who may have been pushing 250 lbs.

Now that I think about it, he looked like George Lucas except with a white closely crop beard covering his double chin, which as I've now learned from the intraweb is not what a neckbeard refers to.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Sep 11, 17 7:11
Quote Reply
Re: Tactical And Survivor Training [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sure some fat-ass, neck beard, tacticool guy from Bakersfield is going to push my shit in when things go sideways...

Finding an alpha-male and becoming his bitch is a valid survival tactic.

What perfume would you recommend?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read about that type of training and it sounded really cool. Here's one article on the subject: https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.50decd7b6448
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://sheepdogresponse.com/

Seems like it would be fun to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Duffy wrote:

That's funny, we took the same exit and I ended up next to the guy at a couple of stop lights and he looked like some 60+ year old with a white "neck beard" (or at least what I'm visioning a neck beard is) who may have been pushing 250 lbs.

Now that I think about it, he looked like George Lucas except with a white closely crop beard covering his double chin, which as I've now learned from the intraweb is not what a neckbeard refers to.

Think, 'Michael Moore'.

Now, you've got it.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've taken and been an instructor on several of these types of courses. I was very fortunate that most of my instructors were former Seals and Delta guys. Some instructors out there have questionable pedigrees and tactics so keep that in mind as you evaluate. The Seal and Delta methodologies have been tested and they work.

It's hard to know exactly what they are teaching by your description but we had handgun, rifle, and shotgun specific training both indoors and outdoors at various levels of difficulty. We also had low light training, force on force with simunitions, active shooter scenario, in-vehicle, home invasion, shoot/no shoot, OODA, and other how to stay alive type strategies. It's probably going to be less SWAT style clearing a room with a team and more of the stuff I mentioned. There were probably 20 multiday courses folks could take.

----
Don't hold back
Last edited by: iO4: Sep 11, 17 16:04
Quote Reply