Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Something that you want that you really don't need...
Quote | Reply
I mean that you really, really don't need (I have the best words...).

For some reason I want a log splitter. I mean, I don't even have logs to split but dammit, I want to own one of these bad boys.

I know I won't buy one. But whenever I see one I think, damn, I want that.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Something that you want that you really don't need... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Learn how to do a good cartwheel.

Actually, one of those electric unicycles...
Quote Reply
Re: Something that you want that you really don't need... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin fenix 5 or a 935. To be fair, id use it 6 days a week, but i cant justify spending that much when i can use strava on my phone. I may get it for myself as a reward if i hit my goal at the sacramento marathon this winter.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tesla model x. do not need won't buy but I think I want to be the cool guy driving that. also a cottage. might actually do that.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would really like to get a drone, but people go absolutely bezerk when they see them. I understand why people resented them in the highly publicized news stories resulting from drone operators flying them where they probably shouldn't have been. But, there seems to be a widespread resentment among people I speak with just about anytime they see one or if they come up in conversation. It's as if their sole purpose is to spy on them or something.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Along the same lines as a wood splitter... I want a skid steer or a small tractor. I have no earthly need for one, and would almost certainly get insufficient use out of it. But I can't stop imagining all of the things that I would use it for; unnecessarily.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A $200 car battery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In-ceiling and in-wall speakers in every room of my house and outside on the patio) so I can wireless play music and ditch the iPods, radios, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A nymphomaniac for a partner.

Recently, I have been jonsing to get my own dive gear. Just need the octopus and the bcd now...

Where I am, I would only use it several times a year and can always rent. But this thread is about what you want, right?

Also, a nice watch, which I would use less times than the dive gear.
Quote Reply
Re: Something that you want that you really don't need... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Garmin fenix 5 or a 935. To be fair, id use it 6 days a week, but i cant justify spending that much when i can use strava on my phone. I may get it for myself as a reward if i hit my goal at the sacramento marathon this winter.

My answer is the Fenix 5S. But I bought one. It was a huge splurge and I definitely don't need it - or even use it to it's full potential. But I love it and don't regret buying it at all (and I'm super cheap and often regret even moderately large purchases).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost everything. And particularly everything my wife wants.

At the moment though it is probably a gravel bike with electronic shifting to top it off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted it so I bought it. Bronze Celtic axe, 1500 - 1200 BC. Now what do I do with it?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Something that you want that you really don't need... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know but it is so cool!

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The next time I have a tree cut down and borrow one you are more then welcome to come over and split it. You can pretend it's yours.

A shed for my yard to put lawn and garden equipment. We have a two car garage we don't park our cars in although they would fit. It's not full of junk. The bulk of the space that is being used is mower, wheel barrel, assorted lawn and garden stuff. A neighbor mentioned they were getting one for that reason and ever since then I have imagined getting all that stuff out and building a work bench, tool storage area.

I know if I walked through Home Depot later today I'd come up with dozens of things I can't think of right now.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Something that you want that you really don't need... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I wanted it so I bought it. Bronze Celtic axe, 1500 - 1200 BC. Now what do I do with it?

Thats pretty amazing!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Car lift. TIG welder, plasma cutter, anvil, gas forge. Zero turn lawnmower.

I kind of like splitting my own wood though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Um, split logs?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it depends how you interpret need...

I need a 2" lift, 15 inch method MR502 wheels, and some KO2's wrapped around them for safer, and more capable overlanding adventures.

However, I don't "need" those to live my life currently.

But yeah sure I'll go with those ^^^
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:

Um, split logs?

Blade isn't more than 2" across. And I can't sharpen it.

The silly thing is how cheap they are.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Something that you want that you really don't need... [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
veganerd wrote:

My answer is the Fenix 5S. But I bought one. It was a huge splurge and I definitely don't need it - or even use it to it's full potential. But I love it and don't regret buying it at all (and I'm super cheap and often regret even moderately large purchases).

Good to know!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
an apple watch.

I don't even like wearing a watch everyday. I have no practical use for a smartwatch.

but for some reason I want one.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corvette or Camaro convertible.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Something that you want that you really don't need... [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Corvette or Camaro convertible.

I want an mgb midget

Quote Reply
Re: Something that you want that you really don't need... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The allure is there for some reason. I wanted a smart watch and ended up with a semi-smart, semi-dumb one a couple of years ago because I couldn't beat the price -- less than wholesale cost on a Garmin Vivoactive. I loved it at first for the text/call/email notifications. I still love how it auto-uploads my basic ride/run data for me so I don't have to deal with that, although I still have to use my other Garmin for power data on the bike & look at that when I feel like it.

However, now I hate the smart watch. Absolutely hate it. I cannot stand the pop up notifications when I'm in the middle of a workout. I get a million of them between both email accounts, the phone ringing, texts, and app push notifications. It sucks. I also decided that I don't need the step/sleep data for any reason, so now I'm "unplugged" in a way and leave the watch in my catch all tray until I go to work out, leaving it in my jersey pocket on the bike or on a chair when I'm on the rowing machine. I don't need that damn thing buzzing and interrupting my joy. And now I'm on the hunt for a halfway decent analog watch, the plainer the better.

JasoninHalifax wrote:
an apple watch.

I don't even like wearing a watch everyday. I have no practical use for a smartwatch.

but for some reason I want one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of these...

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next