Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 4 Edition
Quote | Reply
A Monday holiday in the US!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 4 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't set goals last week on account of the kittens being born :-) I had a good week with them - worked from home as much as I could. They are growing so fast!

I swam 7 times for a total of 11,675 yds, did one errand on my bike (2 miles!), and ran 7 times (50.92 mi).

Goals for this week - bike 3x (off to a good start with 40 mi this morning), run 5-6 times, and a 3 mi swim race on Sunday!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 pics of kittens?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And a holiday in Canada too. Last long weekend of the summer; the next one is Thanksgiving!

Last week I said: My one goal is to cycle enough by Thursday to meet my 1000km goal for the month (YES). And then maybe run once or twice after that (NO, still recovering).

I was really pleased to meet my August goal of cycling 1000km/622mi (highest mileage month prior to this was 460mi). I'm now paying the price a little though. I tried to ride out on Saturday to watch the Tour of Alberta and my body was just not having it. So I've taken a few days off but boy do I feel antsy from not working out.

This week my goal is to listen to my body! If it gives me the go-ahead I might do the club TT on Wednesday, but if it doesn't I'm not stressing about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 13 months of maternity leave I have to go back to work tomorrow. To say I'm okay with it would be a gross overstatement. My oldest son starts grade 1 tomorrow and the "baby" will be at daycare.

My only goal is to survive the week and hope it's an easy transition for all of us.

I'm going backpacking with a friend next weekend, so at least I have that to look forward to. It's an easy overnight hike - perfect for my first time out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a groove with my new personal trainer. I'm working out with him twice a week and I love it. I also went back to the pool since they added a noon workout 3 days a week. And, I walked a 5K on Saturday. First race in over a year.

Mon: Masters swim 1,300 scy; 10 minutes trainer end of the day to spin the legs out
Tues: workout with Evan (includes treadmill w/u and c/d plus a lot of functional strength stuff
Wed: Masters swim 1,700 scy
Thur: same as Tues.
Fri: 30 min trainer
Sat: 5K race (walked the whole thing). A new post-knee replacement PR. 6 miles total for the day.
Sun: Iyengar yoga x 75 minutes

Month of August: Down 6 pounds.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 4 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awww, that's hard! I'll be thinking of you.

I'll try to get some kitten pics up. I have been soooo busy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Women!

Sounds like a good week for everybody.

I had a very light week. I ended up escaping the California heat wave melt down by spending it at Catalina Island at a friend's place. It was paradise. I swam in the ocean 4 days in a row, a couple of miles each day. I only had my watch tracking me one of the days. The water was so warm and crystal clear with a never-ending view of tropical fish. Water temp was between 72-76. WOW. That is a lot warmer than my usual OWS temp of 60.

On Monday the water was really rough and the currents were strong (a storm had passed through earlier). Nobody was in the water. There was a loose kayak banging around in the bay so I went and rescued it. I knew I was swimming all over trying to catch and secure it without ending up on the rocks myself, but my GPS tells a more colorful story (as you all know, OWS GPS is... an exaggeration). It took around 15 minutes to finally catch the thing and bring it in safely.

I was also able to manage an 8 mile run, almost across the island and back. I did see the coast of the other side, but didn't run down to the water because it was sheer cliff. Though I was tempted to jump off the cliff and swim back, but alas, was unprepared for such an adventure. Oh. And I played tennis. Me + ball + stick-to-hit-ball = laughable. I hit several home runs.

Other than that, just trying to stay cool in the heatwave.

OWS x5
Bike x2
Run x3

Next up: Santa Cruz 70.3! I hope I didn't eat too much island goodness to destroy whatever form and fitness I had built up to be ready.

Island life is rough....

Sunrise in the East!

Fire Road are endless. View to the East.

View to the West.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hooray for kittens and thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik. Good work last week and good luck in your race this weekend!
Well done Scheherazade and even better to be listening to your body. So smart.
Good luck on your return, edbikebabe!
Glad you're in a groove ironclm, keep at it.
Gorgeous photos, SLOGoing. The last time I went to Catalina I didn't know how to swim -- you've inspired me to return soon. See you this weekend :D

As SLO menioned, it's been VERY hot in SoCal. I moved my training around to avoid the hottest part of the days but it still felt like a slog. My goals for the week were: 3 runs, 3 bikes, hopefully 2 swims, daily p/rehab, and maybe 2 yoga classes.
I did 3 runs, 3 bikes, 3 careful swims testing out / managing my elbow, and 1 yoga class -- I wasn't as good about my daily p/rehab over the long weekend as I should have been but that'll be a focus this week before my race.

This week is race week -- I'm feeling tired but okay. I am happy to have a nice taper with 2 easy runs, 2 easy bikes, 1 or 2 swims (depending on elbow), and hopefully 2 sessions of yoga. I'll be better about my p/rehab too.

I hope everyone has a great week of training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply