Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why do they put your age on the back of your leg?
Quote | Reply
To make the people you pass in your AG pissed off? ..And why shouldn't I rub it off before the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Why do they put your age on the back of your leg? [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always thought it was to give you a reason to pick it up when someone in your AG passed. Works for me!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Why do they put your age on the back of your leg? [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There use to be an ongoing problem with certain members of the 65+ AGs bringing their own markers and changing the age-notation on their legs. In fact, it was the wily old guys who had to be watch most closely for a variety of shennanigans. One of the colorful aspect of our sport.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would make more sense if they also write down if yr single or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do they put your age on the back of your leg? [harm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]It would make more sense if they also write down if yr single or not.[/reply]

Oh I'm all for that!

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...And why shouldn't I rub it off before the race?"

You can be penalized for rubbing it off before or during a race.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do they put your age on the back of your leg? [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about making my "30" into an "80." I wonder what they'd do about that.

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do they put your age on the back of your leg? [monterey411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I thought about making my "30" into an "80." I wonder what they'd do about that"

well that would certainly be easier than making an "M" into an "F".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the serious side----

I've gottten to the point that I'm actually "racing" my competitors. It helps alot knowing who you are racing. I know the top 10 guys in my age group at races and I can be on the bike or run and actually "race" against someone. It makes it alot of fun biding your time and waiting to pass and then "HOW" you pass them.....it just makes it all that much more fun. Remember, I'm 50 and have no chance of winning over all.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not all of us are in the front of every race like you!

Just rub body glide all over you calves before bodymarking and the marker won't stick when they write on them.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always thought they did it so I would feel like a total wussy as 50+ year old women (I'm 40) pass me on the run.

Quote | Reply
One time I ran up behind some guy at the end of the race. It ended on this narrow trail and was hard to pass but I could have if wanting to. Instead I just followed the guy home on his tail. For some reason he never had an age on his leg and I never thought much about it. He got the AG bronze podium position and I came fourth. If he had his age posted I definately would have passed him.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do they put your age on the back of your leg? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I think it's pretty chickenshit to purposely remove your age if it's marked on your leg.

Ironhead Race Productions will ding you with a penalty if you're caught removing it. I'm not sure if this is a rule throughout USA Triathlon or just Jack's rule but I think it's a good one.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do they put your age on the back of your leg? [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was to ID your body if you half-eaten by a shark...but what if its your right leg that gets eaten?

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Re: Why do they put your age on the back of your leg? [lowcountry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fact, it was the wily old guys who had to be watch most closely for a variety of shenanigans. One of the colorful aspect of our sport.

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! B.S. and brilliance only come with age and experience!

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because it provides me with much glee whenever I pass someone with 30-something or less on their calves, particularly tall 30-somethings or less.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply