Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite kits?
Quote | Reply
I've started a random side project of designing training kits (I admit, I'm mostly a cyclist). I was just curious what designs/features got people excited? Neon? Flowers? Tie-dye? All black?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite kits? [jenwilson521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bright colours for visibility, not necessarily girly (I like dhb for example), matching shorts/bibs (I prefer shorts to bibs personally). I don't like tons of writing on my kits (brand is okay).

Hope that's helpful. I'm mainly a cyclist too these days.
Last edited by: Scheherazade: Aug 25, 17 18:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a fan of black and not so girly, but like pops of colour for visibility. I'm mainly a cyclist too and one thing I always look for in shorts is a longer inseam (7 or 8 inches). 5-6 inches seem to be the norm, but I'm short they hit me right in the widest part of my thigh and always ride up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bright colors that lesson the likelihood of my being hit by a car would be my preference. I personally like geometric designs, particularly if there is a clever message within the design.

What I would not buy is clothing with vulgarity printed on it. The current culture for instance that prints "Shit", "Fuck", "Ass", "Damn" on their kits is not taking our society forward in a good direction.

So maybe, there is my least favorite kit.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite kits? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had taken a stab at making some designs. I'm not sure if this exactly the way to get feedback, but I had made a survey for some of my friends (NOT an order form) to get some feedback on the designs that I made. If anyone is willing to provide feedback, I have a google form here:
https://docs.google.com/...g/viewform#responses

Thanks all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've made a liar out of me :) I said I like mostly black, but I love that first tie-dye one. I'm a quilter and it looks like a bright, fun sewing project.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite kits? [SimplyAmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I'm glad! I'm kind of a math nerd so the design is actually increasingly bigger squares fit into a Fibonacci spiral. I guess it has multiple appeals!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fibonacci tie-dye is my favorite as well!

The mosaic design is a little too small to see the print If I can't see it, then I really don't know if I want it or not.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took a look at your designs and I like the geometric aspect, as well as the lack of pink. I would like to add comments about a couple of things. There should be a shorts option--I won't wear bibs because don't want to take my shirt off to go to the bathroom. Also, I won't wear white jerseys because when I sweat, everything shows through them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super fun thread. Usually black bottoms with a bright top, though my favorite kit is allover purple
Quote Reply