Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where Is North Korea...
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Explanation: Could it be because a website called "global news" posts a late night bit as content?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While Canadians wouldn't likely point to Canada, I doubt that we'd do a whole lot better.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went looking a few weeks ago. I wouldn't have been as bad as some of the ones listed but I likely would have picked where Vietnam is.
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
I went looking a few weeks ago. I wouldn't have been as bad as some of the ones listed but I likely would have picked where Vietnam is.

Yup, that's what I said too (about 4-5 months ago when someone else posted something like this). I didn't realize how close Korea was to Japan.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the linked article......

"Earlier this year, The New York Times published an infographic that showed only 36 per cent of respondents selected the right country.
The Times also found that those who could find North Korea were more likely to have a higher opinion of diplomacy."

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
While Canadians wouldn't likely point to Canada, I doubt that we'd do a whole lot better.

I've lived in both countries. Canucks will do way better on geography.
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:

"Earlier this year, The New York Times published an infographic that showed only 36 per cent of respondents selected the right country.
The Times also found that those who could find North Korea were more likely to have a higher opinion of diplomacy."

And they probably didn't vote for Trump either.
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Maybe not those from the GWA, but I would expect better out of Canadians.

Eta: not meant as a snarky dig. I believe our education system focuses more on world geography, history, etc then the US system does.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Aug 11, 17 7:53
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last time I remember taking a geography class was in 7th grade. So it's not to surprising how bad the numbers are.

1. You just don't remember stuff well that you don't use frequently.
2. World traveling isn't much of a priority for a lot of people in the US. It's significantly less to go to see places here than overseas and it's not like the US is lacking in travel destinations.
3. People don't give a crap, the news does a horrible job with actually showing maps when they're needed, and doing extra work to Google information in the news is too much for people.

It's why we have fakenews people don't read beyond headlines or believe whatever they read. Going to more than one source is practically unheard of for a lot people. "It's on Facebook must be true gonna share". Critical thinking is severely lacking in the general population and really isn't taught much in schools.
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Eta: not meant as a snarky dig. I believe our education system focuses more on world geography, history, etc then THAN the US system does.

They should focus on English more THAN your dual language.

This was meant to be snarky.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Eta: not meant as a snarky dig. I believe our education system focuses more on world geography, history, etc then THAN the US system does.

They should focus on English more THAN your dual language.

This was meant to be snarky.

I don't know what you're talking aboot.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Where Is North Korea... [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fine fine fine.... they go to twitter and Facebook.
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Or... maybe they did. Republican's and Independents both were far more likely to find NK on a map. Oh, and Men, white Men were most likely. I suggest you read the article.

But your used to being wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Or... maybe they did. Republican's and Independents both were far more likely to find NK on a map. Oh, and Men, white Men were most likely. I suggest you read the article.

But your used to being wrong.

Well I'm an old white man and have no trouble finding N.K. on a map. Could you?
Quote Reply
Re: Where Is North Korea... [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
....But your used to being wrong.

Quoted for posterity... Too rich.
Quote Reply