Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a corner desk ... has the style gone???
Quote | Reply
Granted I haven't shopped for a desk in a very long time. I bought an L-shaped corner desk years ago from Staples. It had a rounded elbow, but the inside corner was not sharp. It cut across at a 45deg angle to the other return. There was keyboard shelf underneath that pulled out.

It seems that there are very few desks like this now. It seems that almost all corner or L- desks have a 90deg inside corner now. I want the style where it cuts across at a 45, not the 90.

Office Depot seems to be coming the closest. This isn't even for me, but I'm trying to find other options than the Office Depot one, which I seemingly cannot. "L-shape desk" "corner desk" "workcenter desk" I don't know if I'm not using the right keywords or if these desks are "out of style" now.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a corner desk ... has the style gone??? [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know what you're talking about. I've got one probably exactly what you want. If you lived in my hood I'd probably let it go if you bought me a beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a corner desk ... has the style gone??? [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Want me to build you one to your spec?

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a corner desk ... has the style gone??? [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you weren't 2,604 miles away, then I might take you up on it.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a corner desk ... has the style gone??? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd probably buy you more than A beer right now given my gf's mood and decision making. I'm actually trying not to waste my time more than what has already occurred. She wants a corner/L- desk.

She goes Craigslist browsing. Finds one. Yes. No. Yes. No. Looks at other places. Yes. No. "No, not going to get it, because the hutch doesn't fit my monitor." Can't find anything else that she likes. (The weekend through Weds. morning transpired at this point.) Then, while I'm on a call for work ... "When would you want to go to Westlake to pick up the desk? He can be there by 4pm." "You're getting it now?" "Yes." Desk is partially busted. Of course it's MDF. I don't have the energy to argue it's value or suitability by now, and loading it into the truck it busts some more.

No tears shed. Reality sets in related to the poor decision making. Silence on the drive home. I'd gladly pay more than what she paid to find something new, but with the precise configuration so that I don't have to waste more time. Seems like my options are limited.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you go: http://www.officefurniture2go.com/...ALw_wcB#.WYyVgVWGOM8

Just search "arc office desk". I'm in the same boat for my office. We are moving to a new office and I'm trying to find a new desk to fit the office. They are either junk or over the top expensive.

I think I'm going with an old antique library desk that has been raised a few inches instead of the traditional L. Now if I could just find a new chair. I've returned the last two. I guess I'll get the standard Aeron and try that next. Plus I going with one of the adjustable stands that allows to you to stand if you like. I'm tired of sitting on my arse all day. I hate even shopping for this crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This reminds me that I need to get new furniture for my home office, but because its small, and needs to be really space efficient with a lot of weird things (2 guitars, wine making gear, and the vacuum need to be stored, plus regular "office" things), I'll probably end up building it myself.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have grown to dislike my corner desk very much. Seemed like a good idea at the time to save space (have 3 monitors and keyboard). Trouble is, the plugs and internet connections are behind the desk. Pain in the ass when you have to re-connect things.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a corner desk ... has the style gone??? [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As did I. I jettisoned my L-desk a while back. I went with just one LARGE desk. I've got four monitors. Two personal and two for work. I've got two Ergotron pillars to support the monitors and free up desk space. I'm much happier. However, the current search is for my gf. She's had two separate and different desks setup in a corner desk configuration forever, and she's over the poor way in which they come together. She made a bad purchase for a new setup, and now we're trying to rectify it.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a corner desk ... has the style gone??? [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$795 ?!?! Gah!!! Close. I don't like the rounded inside. Probably why I didn't think of arc and instead was thinking chamfer. Wonder what "fillet desk" search brings?

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply