Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position
Quote | Reply
Which one of us has the best bike position for either 70.3 or 140.6. narrowing it down to those two should help eliminate the TT guys.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me. :P
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll play, because I'm super modest and humble.

I race 70.3 - no plans of doing a full, so my position is tolerable for 56 miles.

Pic taken at St. George, on a climb (notice the small gear combo)

Alex Arman

Strava
Last edited by: doublea334: Aug 9, 17 12:44
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No picture?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote for this guy, since you won't let me throw mine up.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Oct 23, 18 5:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
No picture?

TinyPic is throwing a fit at me. I withdraw from the competition.

Edit: Fixed.... Internet is hard...

Alex Arman

Strava
Last edited by: doublea334: Aug 9, 17 12:44
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I could hold that position for that long. Is that the infamous k....?
Last edited by: Fishbum: Aug 9, 17 12:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP needs to post his position to establish a baseline.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not me. I have more neck problems than a 40 year old football player. Only 8 cm of drop seat to pads. I'm a parachute.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Aug 9, 17 14:14
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My position sucks I'm trying to find which one of you guys to try and emulate. LOL
I will try and post mine tonight when I get home from work though

Edit. Ridenfish seems to think I have a pretty decent short course and TT position however it is not sustainable for me for long course
Last edited by: Fishbum: Aug 9, 17 12:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is him.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:

Ha! I was going to say Grill. You beat me to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote for BBLOEHR. I'm sure he'll throw up a pic.

I'll throw mine up because it's pretty good too, but haven't been to wind tunnel or track. And this thread would be awesome if everyone put a pic up.

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. What stem length is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last time I did steelhead I stayed aero an impressively long time. Came out a few times for random things and stand for blood flow.

Quote | Reply
It's the tririg alpha x. IIRC my pads are in the middle position for reach. So effective stem length of 100mm I believe.
Last edited by: Sean H: Aug 9, 17 13:15
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
I'll play, because I'm super modest and humble.

I race 70.3 - no plans of doing a full, so my position is tolerable for 56 miles.

Pic taken at St. George, on a climb (notice the small gear combo)

Awesome position! And it showed in your bike split at Boulder, well done! (just followed you on strava)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Only 8 inches of drop seat to pads."
--------------------------
Do you mean cm . . . 8 inches is quite a big drop.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Not me. I have more neck problems than a 40 year old football player. Only 8 inches of drop seat to pads. I'm a parachute.

Why do you feel you need > 8 inches of drop from seat to pads to be more aero? You can see both LAI's (http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6387571#p6387571) and my position (http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6387806#p6387806) in the Bike Fit exercise thread and both of us are < 8 inches of drop from seat to pads.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [geauxTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While 8 inches is extreme (and probably incorrectly stated anyway) - you understand that drop is predicated on morphology right?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:

I thought the thread title was "best long course bike position"?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And this thread would be awesome if everyone put a pic up. "
----------------------------------------

I'm embarrassed after looking at yours! You must be younger and never get a neck irritation. I with some degree of regularity have the fastest bike split in my age group, but I feel like a sail after seeing you AND how do you get such good profile race photos!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I can hold this position comfortably and my CdA is very low. Photo courtesy of Scott Flathouse

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Last edited by: CPT Chaos: Aug 9, 17 14:05
Quote Reply

Prev Next