Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga 70.3 WC's Pro Race Predictions
Quote | Reply
OK, so who all is in contention for the win?

Brownlee
Reed
Appleton (latest blog post from Racine - can he take AB? https://www.samappleton.com/...-report/racine-70-3/)
Gambles

Who am I missing for being truly in contention?

Is Keinle racing or, like Sanders and Frodo, is he all eyes on Kona?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 WC's Pro Race Predictions [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
OK, so who all is in contention for the win?

Brownlee
Reed
Appleton (latest blog post from Racine - can he take AB? https://www.samappleton.com/...-report/racine-70-3/)
Gambles

Who am I missing for being truly in contention?

Is Keinle racing or, like Sanders and Frodo, is he all eyes on Kona?

A lot depends on the weather. If it's 33*C with a high dew point it may well be a very different race than if it's 25*C or lower and a reasonable dew point.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 WC's Pro Race Predictions [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
of those four listed, I'd think AB is the only one who'd suffer if it's above 90F. The Australians seem impervious to the heat!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
of those four listed, I'd think AB is the only one who'd suffer if it's above 90F. The Australians seem impervious to the heat!

Yeah living in the heat continually will do that for you. I'm not certain they've all experienced the wilting humidity the Chattanooga can dole out on bad days. As it stands, the average weather for that date is reasonably mild. It's the potential weather that's so variable in Chattanooga unlike Kona which is very predictable temperature and humidity wise but not so much for winds. The record temperature in Chat for September 9th is 102*F versus 95*F for Kona any day of the year.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Jul 21, 17 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 WC's Pro Race Predictions [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at Syracuse 70.3 2013, pre-tstorm heat broke 105F and humidity was intense. Gambles and Ryf didn't slow down at all. Crazy. The storm broke after most folks were done racing, 50mph winds came through, and then the temp dropped below 60 degrees.

What non-drafting race is Gomez preparing for (see image below from video he posted on instagram)? hope he squeaks into 70.3WC's!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And about the women? (Besides Holly Lawrence...)
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 WC's Pro Race Predictions [mariutti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mariutti wrote:
And about the women? (Besides Holly Lawrence...)

A very fit Mel Hauschildt is always a threat i believe, the last few years have not been kind to her, consistently injured, always thought she would have podium in Kona as well....
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 WC's Pro Race Predictions [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. She is very strong. I like her a lot. Ryf is focused in Kona. Holly is amazing, and probably will win. The fight will be for the second place. Heather Wurtele is also a top contender.
Last edited by: mariutti: Aug 12, 17 16:36
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 WC's Pro Race Predictions [mariutti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mariutti wrote:
Yeah. She is very strong. I like her a lot. Ryf is focused in Kona. Holly is amazing, and probably will win. The fight will be for the second place. Heather Wurtele is also a top contender.

Jeanni Seymour is someone to keep an eye on. Very good all-around.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think as a former winner of half-Ironman worlds he automatically qualifies with a yearly validation race for the five years following his win. Gomez won Half-Ironman Worlds in 2014.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga 70.3 WC's Pro Race Predictions [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Defenitly agree with Seymour. She will be at least podium!
Quote Reply